Interesting.... give it a read

snownskateguy

I just read this... not into that type of riding yet but its certainly interesting that Blue is considering this, this is the first i've heard of it.

seeing as it is just a forum i don't know about the legitimacy of it either.. but whatever.

read

they say in there that sno is thinking about it too.

Yea i heard about Sno, but blue too? damnnn haha, i remember talking with alot of the racers this weekend about that, and like just picking out lines in the woods under the green chair. Its DEFINATELY possible to make something sick there, they could have some plattekill-esk lines with off camber steep and loose stuff it looks like, but also they could manicure the land a little and put in some fast, solid rock runs like diablo. do it blue

This maybe legit. In the morning call two weeks ago in the ski section of the sport pages, Ray Tuthill's daughter was talking about future plans within the next two years. They included water slides, mountain biking, condos/hotel, and some other stuff I can't remember. She went on to say that none of this is in stone yet, but to expect it in 2009 or 2010 as a possibility.

From the article below:

Despite the accomplishments of the past 30 years, Blue Mountain's owners aren't about to rest on their laurels. Green said she's hard at work on a feasibility study that will explore the potential for adding an on-site hotel with restaurant and banquet facilities, condominiums and summer activities such as a water park.

Here is the rest of that article. Great article that gives the whole history behind blue and the ways Ray Tuthill went about making it.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/outdoors/all-b...23.story?page=1

EDIT: I posted the link to the article I was talking about

Edited by skifreak