Jackson Hole... the final day.

toast21602

so today was the last day in the Hole. unfortunately, we only got a foot of snow last night. i know, we are still pissed about it. we started off our day the same way again... a $5 breakfast at the Mangy Moose. got in line for the gondola and made our way to the top. about a foot of snow fell and we were pumped once again to see some more of that lovely white stuff. we hit a bunch of places today and saw some crazy things. there was a film crew there filming some dude.. i think it was Rage. i dunno i'm not sure. anyway... he hit the cliff that is the first big one right under the Sublet chair and did some flips off of it. crazy. then we saw a guy drop Alta 0 to his death. he dropped the thing and took it about 40 feet to a huge rock. one ski fell off and he tumbled. i didnt expect him to be moving but he hiked back up and skied away. crazy shit happens when there is snow on the ground.

it was snowing most of the day on the top of the mountain and cloudy on the bottom 1/2. dan hit some nice drops today that i have pictures of. some places the snow was so damn deep... mid-thigh thanks to the storms over the last week. i loved every second of it. face shots out the wazoo for the 5th day in a row. this trip is going to be hard to top.

here are some photos for your enjoyment...

n39300404_30473294_7333.jpg

right under my chair is where the guy dropped the cliff.

n39300404_30473293_6997.jpg

lots of snow on the trees.

n39300404_30473291_6333.jpg

Dan dropping bombs again.

n39300404_30473292_6677.jpg

goodbye Jackson Hole.

and for jerks like Glenn who are too cool to see my pictures: try this.

:)

Sick pictures. Thanks for taking the time Toast!

no problem.

Excellent pictures..I'm getting so amped for my trip next week...

BTW Dan and John..I know you guys are bummed out about missing a week of skiing at Blue but you didn't miss much...we didn't even have any powder day.

we are bummed. i dont think i'm going to ski very much at Blue the rest of the year after a week like this.

Why? How about Ridge? Is he still racing?

Ridge migrated to the darkside of myspace and text messagine and xbox360live. Nips has a ton of missed homework to do, plus we leave for the US OPEN at Copper for another week and then back for a week and then freeskiing for a week in Revelstoke then back for 2 weeks and then the North American Open week at Breck.

Jackson seems like it wasn't real now that we are back. I am so pissed that I didn't get more photage/film.

Ridge migrated to the darkside of myspace and text messagine and xbox360live. Nips has a ton of missed homework to do, plus we leave for the US OPEN at Copper for another week and then back for a week and then freeskiing for a week in Revelstoke then back for 2 weeks and then the North American Open week at Breck.

Jackson seems like it wasn't real now that we are back. I am so pissed that I didn't get more photage/film.

So Ridge is done with skiing? Or just racing? Maybe you should hire a teacher to homeschool your kids while they are on ski trips...

So Ridge is done with skiing? Or just racing?

He is done with skiing basically. He is going to Copper for 4 days at the end of this month and did go to Snowshoe. But he has friends he perfers to hang out with here in the flatlands.

Does Nips go to a public high school or do one of those traveling school things? Have you ever looked at Mount Snow academy its high school + daily coaching I saw some of them practicing at Mount Snow this week and they looked really good.

Nips and I would prefer he went to a private school for his skiing but his mother will not support that idea.

Damn Rob, im so jealous of you hitting up Revelstoke. There was a guy standing in the gondi line on friday talking about his road trip to Revelstoke. Said it was just absolutely incredible. Im thinking about trying to go there next year, but it seems like it's a pain in the ass to get to. How you getting there?

Damn Rob, im so jealous of you hitting up Revelstoke. There was a guy standing in the gondi line on friday talking about his road trip to Revelstoke. Said it was just absolutely incredible. Im thinking about trying to go there next year, but it seems like it's a pain in the ass to get to. How you getting there?

PHilly to Toronto and then West Jet(?) non stop to kelowna.

PHilly to Seattle and driving across is an economical way to go. I am still trying to figure out the best route for return trips. There is no easy way there thats for sure.

The guy talking about it in the gondi line, drove up from Nelson. Said the roads that were most direct were super sketchy and covered in atleast a foot of snow. They are suppose to be putting in a bigger airport, but that is probably a few years out. Kelowna is what i was looking at. How far is that from Revelstoke?

Nips and I would prefer he went to a private school for his skiing but his mother will not support that idea.

wow, you should work on her a little more. Someone I know sends his kids to one of the Vermont schools. I think there are 4 of them: Stratton, Okemo, KIllington and Mt. Snow. They basically get one on one tutoring. Sounds like Steven misses a lot of school. Tell his mom he would probably get a better education. The high schools in good old south jersey are terrible. I have a while before I have to think about it but at least if they went to Vermont all the students are athletes and are there for a purpose. I don't think there would be the gangster wannabes, drugs and fights there are here. But the Vermont schools are expensive. Only one website listed the price and its about 25,000 per year.

wow, you should work on her a little more. Someone I know sends his kids to one of the Vermont schools. I think there are 4 of them: Stratton, Okemo, KIllington and Mt. Snow. They basically get one on one tutoring. Sounds like Steven misses a lot of school. Tell his mom he would probably get a better education. The high schools in good old south jersey are terrible. I have a while before I have to think about it but at least if they went to Vermont all the students are athletes and are there for a purpose. I don't think there would be the gangster wannabes, drugs and fights there are here. But the Vermont schools are expensive. Only one website listed the price and its about 25,000 per year.

Thats about the price of a regular private school, if not a bit cheaper. The private school near me (Morristown-Beard) is 27k and its not a boarding school, and you get a worse education than most of the public schools around here. they probably get accepted to colleges at a better rate than us but once they get there we do better.

You sure your talking about the correct Vermont? Look how Doug turned out... :lol:

Edited by Dan-

wow, you should work on her a little more.

she lives in her own little world and quite frankly, I can't afford the whole tuition, unless I dramatically change something. A lot of the "skiing" schools require the student to bring thier own curriculum from home and they are on thier own to see that it gets done.