What's the story up there?

skimom

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*update* 9:44 AM Thursday January 6, 2005 The snow has settled and in my three tests spots only measures about 1 1/4 inch of snow. Covering all of the snow is about 1/2 of ice. thus we have a snow day today.

You and S'dawg get the compulsaholic awards for measuring fractions of inches of snow and ice Given that CB is down to 3 lifts and 7 trails, and they are starting to cancel weekend activities, it looks like the storm was not a plus for the Southern Poconos.

Happy snow day...

Yeah, I decided not to go into work today because the roads were blah. Plus the 1/2 inch of ice covering my car didn't look like it would be too much fun to clean off. I was hoping up in the poconos they wouldn't have had the same icey fate, but it seems the snow gods are just playing with us right now.

Yeah, I decided not to go into work today because the roads were blah. Plus the 1/2 inch of ice covering my car didn't look like it would be too much fun to clean off. I was hoping up in the poconos they wouldn't have had the same icey fate, but it seems the snow gods are just playing with us right now.

having scraped the ice ans snow off my car this morning to go to work in NJ, my wife just phoned and told me the ice has taken down a tree which just missed the house and landed where my car was....

this weather really sucks :banghead

having scraped the ice ans snow off my car this morning to go to work in NJ, my wife just phoned and told me the ice has taken down a tree which just missed the house and landed where my car was....

this weather really sucks    :banghead

Wow, well its a good thing you went then, and a good thing I don't have any trees within falling distance of my car :D

it was horrible, i mean yeah you guys prolly had it worse but for us we for the most part never loose power up here like we did the past couple days. i felt extremly bad for those who only had electic heating supplies. thank god we have a coal stove and a gas fire place. we had to melt snow to get water to like flush the toilet and stuff. but the wosre had(and still is a threat) watching the icing trees fall. we've got like 10 houses by us i think that have trees on them. and then the trees falling on the power lines with the ice is just making things soo much better. we went out to eat tonight and two groups of 20 electic companies were getting the first meal sence the power had gone out yesterday morning.

Wow, I just got back from going to a game south of you, RacerChick...Rt. 380 and 80 were pretty cool with all the icy trees hanging over the edge of the roads. Cars and trucks had sheared them off. The army depot in Tobyhanna was lit up and looked like the whole place was made of glass.

Losing power sucks. We're on a bad grid and lose it 1/2 dozen times every summer. Seems like every electrical storm. My folks are near Margaritaville and just lived in their swimming pool when they lost power from the hurricanes.