long haul lift

fleaguy

just noticed on Sno Mtns. web page...

"zip to the top on the faster long haul lift"!

are they saying that they kept the lift moving at a snail's pace in previous years...on purpose?

or did they add/do something to improve the speed of the motor....like add a warp drive/flux converter?

hmmm I'm just thinking...a particle transporter would be nice....just beam me up to the top

just noticed on Sno Mtns. web page...

"zip to the top on the faster long haul lift"!

are they saying that they kept the lift moving at a snail's pace in previous years...on purpose?

or did they add/do something to improve the speed of the motor....like add a warp drive/flux converter?

hmmm I'm just thinking...a particle transporter would be nice....just beam me up to the top

Maybe they did, very possible, They need to too, because its a REALLY LONG ASS RIDE!!!

and Maybe i'll look into donating a particle transporter... I may have a few lying around in the basement... :rolleyes:

IIRC, I estimated the Long Haul lift was running approximately 400 ft/min. last year. Most fixed grip lifts have a design speed of 500 ft/min. Doesn't seem like much but that's 25% faster.

I remember snoemployee saying they had all the drives for the lifts overhauled in the off season.

I thought the Phoebe was running faster and quieter this year. That lift was slower than Long Haul last year.

Long Haul was not overhauled this summer. It is a faster moving lift than Iron Horse and Shuttle, thus the "faster long haul" quote.

So we're still talking 11.5 to 12 min. to the top. :(

I don't think any lift at Elk takes that long. But I'll let you know. I'll be at Elk on Sun.

Elk had everything open today except for Lehigh which has no snowmaking, Seneca under the double chairs (which only really gets blow-over snowmaking from Susquehanna), and Tioga Spur which is really a connector trail.

I'd say Elk won the snowmaking and most terrain open contest this year regardless of Sno's new super snowmaking system. :D

I'm sure ski will have a response, but I would say that experience counts. :D

sno is 100% open?

Yes.

A snowmaking war against Elk? Terrain open? I guess anyone who skied both places at the tail end of the last 60 degree temperature stretch would be the best judge. But I heard Elk's blacks were mostly closed or showing bare spots.

Yes.

A snowmaking war against Elk? Terrain open? I guess anyone who skied both places at the tail end of the last 60 degree temperature stretch would be the best judge. But I heard Elk's blacks were mostly closed or showing bare spots.

Not 100% open. I was there today. Easy street closed, Mainline closed, snake closed.

Mainline was closed for a park rebuild. Not for lack of snow.

Ya, why didn't they open those new trails?

Wasn't there yet, waiting for them to be 100% before I check it out. I suppose all but the two new trails should suffice.

EDIT: Are the Glades they show on the trail map open?

Edited by stever2003

the glades are open and were a lot of fun, you can see a trail of cutdown trees between upper runaway and fastrack-snake no snowmaking has been down there, but rattler is a cool trail but too short

overall sno was awesome today and tomorrow should be the best day yet

Ya, why didn't they open those new trails?

Wasn't there yet, waiting for them to be 100% before I check it out. I suppose all but the two new trails should suffice.

EDIT: Are the Glades they show on the trail map open?

The post was about the mountain being 100% open as the web site states. IT IS NOT no matter what level the slope is. I love skiing at Sno, however I am getting tired of all their lies or whatever the reason is for the wrong information.

The post was about the mountain being 100% open as the web site states. IT IS NOT no matter what level the slope is. I love skiing at Sno, however I am getting tired of all their lies or whatever the reason is for the wrong information.

I'm not as upset as this guys is. I was just waiting for all the Blues and Blacks to open. I don't really ski any green trails unless it's something like Paradise at Blue Mt.

The site is correct today. I suspect that they were hoping to open those trails but weren't able to.

• 2 weeks later...
Is a HS Quad in the plans?

HS quad is in the plans. Nothing is definate. we have a long list of items we wanna do. As you know we have a water park to build aslo. It is a young resort we have big plans. We just need sometime to do everything. Just like in our own lives you cant buy everything at once. The one thing I can tell you is that the management as well as the employees are excited about making sno mountain a great resort. There is a lot that goes into purchasing a new lift. Like location,quad or sixpack, brand......etc. You will see one here it is just a matter of time. Hope this helps you out.