Twin Tip Length

publicenemy666

Well it would help to know your height and weight....

Typically the bigger ski you can handle the better, more length gives you more ski to land on. Look into a nice center mount ski because those ski a lot shorter than they seem. I have 171 Invaders but I wish I got the 178's.

Unless you're under 5' 4" I wouldn't recommend anything under 170, definitely not the 161's. You'll feel like you're on skiblades.

id say just get the ones that are closest to being about as tall as you. i have 169s and they are about as tall as me and i have no trouble at all with them. even coming from snowblades which were 88s.

id say just get the ones that are closest to being about as tall as you. i have 169s and they are about as tall as me and i have no trouble at all with them. even coming from snowblades which were 88s.

get the armada ARG, possibly the best pipe/park ski EVER, 185cm long, 125mm wide, no more worries when it comes to bumpy landings, oh and make sure u get sally STH 16 bindings and crank them all the way, ull be able to butter like a madman!

-im kidding

What is the best length for park skis for jumping?

i ride a 170 public enemy right now and want to know what the best size is it goes just above my nose.

the k2 seth only comes in 168 and 178 why?

i was also considering the sal dumont 161

there is no 'best' size, its really dependent on the ski, and your preferences. i'm 6', 165lbs, and i ski a 179, although i'd probably ski something a tiny bit longer if k2 made it. i ride 179 fujatives and love them, but i also rode the silencer for a good part of last year, and i liked those a lot for jumping since they were a bit stiffer. if you're doing most of your skiing here, you'd be a complete fool to get a pair of hellbents. they're a really fun ski, but borderline worthless to ski in PA. the seth comes in a 169, 179, and 189. i ski the 179, and its a fun all mountain ski, but i don't like them for jumping just because it's a lot of ski to throw around in the air. the dumont in the 161 would be too short for you, but the 176 would work out pretty well. its a softer ski though, so you might want something with a bit more substance to it. if you'd like to stick with k2 (no reason not to, their skis are awesome), check out the PE, silencer, or fujative in a 179, and mount it at, at least, +9 forward of traditional. besides that, the 175 trouble maker would be a really solid bet too. justin suggested looking for a true twin, which some people really like, but i personally like a directional twin better. if you want to go the true twin route, check out the volkl wall in a 177 for a solid platform to jump with.

i weigh 130 and the skis feel great...ive tried 170s and id rather stick with the 161...i know its personal opinion but people should ski on what feels most comfortable to them

161s are straight up not the right size for you. One of these days you'll land way backseat and snap them. I'm 5'7" 130lbs and ski 171s true center, and they feel a bit short. With your size you're only hurting yourself by skiing 161s.

Im 5'9", 150 lb. and I ride 177 Volkl Walls. The skis are beasts, I ride almost everyday, every time I ride it is in the park too, and I only have 3 edge cracks combined on both skis. That is really good for me considering last year I had 8 edge cracks on each edge of my thrusters. If I were you I would stick with a ski around 176, flex is a preference. You will get use to the size and once you do you will love the extra length.

Personally I hate all K2's park skis, but their line for next year is really sick. Definitely wait till next year is you want a symmetrical ski from K2 for the park.

Im 5'9", 150 lb. and I ride 177 Volkl Walls. The skis are beasts, I ride almost everyday, every time I ride it is in the park too, and I only have 3 edge cracks combined on both skis. That is really good for me considering last year I had 8 edge cracks on each edge of my thrusters. If I were you I would stick with a ski around 176, flex is a preference. You will get use to the size and once you do you will love the extra length.

Personally I hate all K2's park skis, but their line for next year is really sick. Definitely wait till next year is you want a symmetrical ski from K2 for the park.

oh my 3yo foils... i have 21 cracks in one ski and 17 in the other with and edge sticking 2mm out. haha. i trash those things in the park. next year i'm getting myself some fatter skis and using my all mountain skis (scratches) in the park. the foils will be retired and turned into shotskis for friends.

Wait, no skis under 170- unless under 5'4" dude are you ok? I ski 160(est?) Invaders and i'm loving them, last year i was around same heighth and skied 140's. As long as your centered though you can go pretty high... My skis are perfect, probally could have gotten abit more..

I have 1 core shot on the tip of my ski, from the 2nd half glades at snow after the cliff... I died...

im 6'2 170lbs and use the 177cm volkl wall, possibly the best ski i have ever purchased. they have an 87mm waist, so u can ski pow with them somewhat, but also makes them good for bumpy landings, medium stiff, i cranked my DIN up a bit so i could butter with them a bit better, the sidewalls are softer than the karmas, so they wont crack when i do rails, oh and its perfectly symetrical, i have them dead center mounted and they rock both switch and forwards. possibly the best park/all mtn ski you can buy for the east coast.

Wait, no skis under 170- unless under 5'4" dude are you ok? I ski 160(est?) Invaders and i'm loving them, last year i was around same heighth and skied 140's. As long as your centered though you can go pretty high... My skis are perfect, probally could have gotten abit more..

I have 1 core shot on the tip of my ski, from the 2nd half glades at snow after the cliff... I died...

160ish skis are fine if they're mounted back. But skis that are true twins and are mounted true center, are made to be skied long, especially the Invaders. As floppy as they are I wouldn't even feel safe with a 161, and I'm by no means a big guy. I've seen 4 or 5 people skiing at Blue that were either taller or as tall as me on 161 Invaders and they looked absolutely retarded, like they were on skiblades. I don't know how you can land on those things, especially landing fakie. I like having some ski to land on if I'm backseat or leaning forward landing fakie, even off of rails. My skis take all the impact and allow me to regain my balance. If they were any shorter I wouldn't even feel comfortable on them.

140s are freaking tiny man....kids skis are longer than that...

Edited by Justin

oh my 3yo foils... i have 21 cracks in one ski and 17 in the other with and edge sticking 2mm out. haha. i trash those things in the park. next year i'm getting myself some fatter skis and using my all mountain skis (scratches) in the park. the foils will be retired and turned into shotskis for friends.
Haha ya Salomon skis ehhh lol. After seeing their line for next year, im having differnt thoughts on them tho. The Suspect looks like a ski that will hold up well for Salomon. And their line of outerwear just keeps getting better and better each year.

Haha ya Salomon skis ehhh lol. After seeing their line for next year, im having differnt thoughts on them tho. The Suspect looks like a ski that will hold up well for Salomon. And their line of outerwear just keeps getting better and better each year.

i have no complaints with the ski at all. i love them, but i know there is better out there. for skiing over 200 days on them in the park and hitting thousands of rails i think they held up pretty damn well for the beating that they took.

i have no complaints with the ski at all. i love them, but i know there is better out there. for skiing over 200 days on them in the park and hitting thousands of rails i think they held up pretty damn well for the beating that they took.
I guess. I would just rather spend my money on a ski that holds up better. When I had my Thrusters they got beat so quick. I had to stop riding them and go back to my Ar5's, that I even still rode in the beginning of the season.

I guess. I would just rather spend my money on a ski that holds up better. When I had my Thrusters they got beat so quick. I had to stop riding them and go back to my Ar5's, that I even still rode in the beginning of the season.

eh, i'm happy with any pair of skis that can last over 200 days in the park. haha.

i wonder how the scratches will hold up next year...