It's SNOWING!

Ski

Has anyone seen the mountain since the rain stopped? I assume that the base held up pretty well since almost everything is open, but I have learned not to always trust the website.

Snoskier

The NF will be fine. I'm heading over in a few minutes and post tonight.

I was there from 11:30 to 4:30 and NF was amazing, cord all day, deep carving snow :sex i think there was only 4 other people on the mountain until 3, The parks are closed until friday, and mainline no longer has features on it to save the trail we took them all out :( You really have to give the staff credit for there hard work making all that snow, If it was montage, I think they would be done for the season. And HOPEFULLY the weather will cooperate and we can make a lot of snow this weekend. (Maybe you can all PRAY for cold weather and maybe a blizzard?)

Yep, the NF was great tonight. It probably would have been better if there were more skiers/riders to break up some of the frozen granular, but coverage is edge to edge and the snow is insanely fast. It's as if it never rained.

were the upper trails open? whistler looked like it had bare spots as did spur, but the site says open....Its not very cool of sno to keep trails listed as open when they are not, it is not the first time it happened.

Yep, the NF was great tonight. It probably would have been better if there were more skiers/riders to break up some of the frozen granular, but coverage is edge to edge and the snow is insanely fast. It's as if it never rained.

Conditions on the upper half of the mountain were not so good ... Upper Runaway was pretty much packed ice and crud. All the other "blues" look like they were closed.

I went over to Highball and made a few runs before heading home. There were a few gaping holes (they were marked) but conditions were not that bad.

I hope they can get back to making snow real soon.

were the upper trails open? whistler looked like it had bare spots as did spur, but the site says open....Its not very cool of sno to keep trails listed as open when they are not, it is not the first time it happened.

We raced on Whistler tonight. But, yeah, the beginner slopes took a hit from two days of rain and heavy fog. The cam shows the guns are on, though.

Spur? You mean the flat area at the top of the lifts? Uh, you can get off the Shuttle or Iron Horse lift and ski to the trails just fine

We raced on Whistler tonight. But, yeah, the beginner slopes took a hit from two days of rain and heavy fog. The cam shows the guns are on, though.

Spur? You mean the flat area at the top of the lifts? Uh, you can get off the Shuttle or Iron Horse lift and ski to the trails just fine

What time did you hit Whistler? I got there around 7 and it looked like the red rope was strung across the trail. I saw a bunch of skiers skating back from the direction of Upper Fast Track so I assumed that was closed as well.

I think that flat area off of Ironhorse is called "Nordic" (?)

Edited by Ratboy

What time did you hit Whistler? I got there around 7 and it looked like the red rope was strung across the trail. I saw a bunch of skiers skating back from the direction of Upper Fast Track so I assumed that was closed as well.

I think that flat area off of Ironhorse is called "Nordic" (?)

Whistler was closed for racing until 8pm, or so. They had concentrated so much snowmaking for the park that Switch wasn't usable.