Is Blue giving up?

trimreaper

On my way out I asked why they shut down and was told. "It cost's too much to make snow during the day"

It's true, they do have to pay more since they have more facilities running during the day than at night. The weather is gonna remain cold for a few days. They already have their base down and can wait a few hours until this evening before blowing again.

Yea I would not expect many to blow in wind like this, sure its cold but what good is that if it doesn't land on the trail. It is going to be cold for a while, if this was the only cold weather in the forecast they would probably say screw the wind blow while we have the chance, but the trees down here are whipping around I bet its just as bad or worse up there.

What a shame, Blue has finally given in to the all mighty dollar. After years of around the clock snow making, not caring what it cost, the guns are now silent. 12 fukn degress at 9am, and they shut down the snowmaking to save some dough, shame on you Blue.

It's cheaper to blow at night. It also sucks to have snow guns blowing in your face. People don't want to get sprayed, when there is already frost bite warnings. I used to complain about this, but I learned to appreciate sking on a quiet mountain, and not having to worry about dodging man made snow.