anyone?

mollyskeez

hey missdemeanor. two question. how do noobs dress and exactly what's a gaper? like bystanders or people just watching? thanks.

GAPERS

By: Molly

Gapers are those people that only go out once a year and when they go out they are usually seen wearing neon jump suits with rental skis or snowblades. gapers mostly have no regaurd for other peoples right of way. gapers can been seem frequently on presidents day weekend. Gapers usually do not have very good skiing/ riding skills. noobs are the same thing as gapers. they are new to the sport. a typical gaper may be decked out in a nice pair of jeans and no hat with goggles. or perhaps they could be wearing that nice new sweater that grammy knitted them 5 years ago. gapers also be seen cutting off highly skilled park riders. gapers can be of any age but are usually within the ages of 12-40. so if you are looking to dress up like a gaper grab you favorite pair of old jeans and be sure to tuck them into your ski boots. and if you rent a helmet BY ALL MEANS DO NOT wear it correctly it MUST be worn back wards.

GAPERS

By: Molly

Gapers are those people that only go out once a year and when they go out they are usually seen wearing neon jump suits with rental skis or snowblades. gapers mostly have no regaurd for other peoples right of way. gapers can been seem frequently on presidents day weekend. Gapers usually do not have very good skiing/ riding skills. noobs are the same thing as gapers. they are new to the sport. a typical gaper may be decked out in a nice pair of jeans and no hat with goggles. or perhaps they could be wearing that nice new sweater that grammy knitted them 5 years ago. gapers also be seen cutting off highly skilled park riders. gapers can be of any age but are usually within the ages of 12-40. so if you are looking to dress up like a gaper grab you favorite pair of old jeans and be sure to tuck them into your ski boots. and if you rent a helmet BY ALL MEANS DO NOT wear it correctly it MUST be worn back wards.

haha! thanks for the very thorough explanation. i asked because i'm a noob. i've only been riding for a couple months but i have fallen in love with it. every day... as soon as i wake up, i think about boarding. i do try to be respectful to others. i'm more respectful on the mountain than i am in other aspects of my life because i'm new and i don't want to offend anyone. i'm still learning the etiquette, but it seems there are some people who seem "pro" that aren't that nice on the mountain, that aren't courteous or respectful to others. they seem like the younger folk but not exclusive to them.

haha! thanks for the very thorough explanation. i asked because i'm a noob. i've only been riding for a couple months but i have fallen in love with it. every day... as soon as i wake up, i think about boarding. i do try to be respectful to others. i'm more respectful on the mountain than i am in other aspects of my life because i'm new and i don't want to offend anyone. i'm still learning the etiquette, but it seems there are some people who seem "pro" that aren't that nice on the mountain, that aren't courteous or respectful to others. they seem like the younger folk but not exclusive to them.

everyone was a n00b at some point but not all of us were gapers.

basically if u goin gaper u gotta get some of the old school ski jump suits, a big puffy football team jacket, or jeans. no matter what u do dont pull ur pant legs over the boots. check to see if ur rents have any old ski outfits still. gapers are named gapers because of the gaper "gap" between the top of their goggles and the brim of their hats. its typical to tuck both poles under armpits and squat low to look like ur racing. pizza turns are the way to turn in gaper world. thats basically it.

if we gonna have one its definately gotta be warmer cause if u fall in park u get snow up ur back like crazy with those short jackets. It usually gets warmer end of february/ beginning of march, and would love to get a gaper day at bear creek. then again, everyday at bear is gaper day

welcome back rasheeb grilled steeze gupta

I'm heading up to that mole hill Wednesday, despite a bad case of swimmer's ear I picked up in Maine last week. I thought the left side of my head was gonna explode Sunday nite. Doctor hooked me up with drops and antibiotics, and I can hear again. Hope they get some snow today. Ski club members get 12$ day pass. BONUS!!!!!! :rolleyes:

okay... the most disturbing gaper trend that i saw today was the apparent invasion of the furries.

i saw not one, not two, but THREE people wearing fuzzy rabbit ears over their helmets today. they were not all together. they were also far too old for it to be 'cute' (although i find that kind of thing a little squicky and not always cute on little kids) ... it was borderline disturbing. one of these parties was wearing fuzzy rabbit ears, and jeans. it was truly a sight to behold. please tell me someone else saw this.

so if there is a bear gaper day, i'm totally breaking out last year's halloween playboy bunny costume. with my pants lower than usual so the tail hangs out. and be the gapiest gaper that gaped.