Sno pipe

bigdaddyk

True-dat..thanks for posting the pictures..serious stoke..do you think it will be open next weekend?

probably not. i'm sure the first time people will be allowed to ride it is after the revolution tour. and it looks like they still need a lot more snow. if the weather doesn't stay cold they could be cutting it very close.

Here are some comparison pictures from mid afternoon on Saturday. By the time we left at 9:30pm, Sno had two groomers moving and compacting the snow on the walls.

We also took a video from the lifts as one of the groomers was working on the side wall.

post-2180-1203274544_thumb.jpg

post-2180-1203274592_thumb.jpg

Edited by HellOnSnow

probably not. i'm sure the first time people will be allowed to ride it is after the revolution tour. and it looks like they still need a lot more snow. if the weather doesn't stay cold they could be cutting it very close.

We have enough snow and its aiming to be done for mid-late week this week. I was talking to the planet groomer today and he said it should be open to the public before the rev tour as well.

I even know that. If it is dug into the ground, you will already be on top of the wall, to drop in.

They will more than likely build the walls, not dig into the ground to create them. So you will still be riding up the wall when you drop in.

They will more than likely build the walls, not dig into the ground to create them. So you will still be riding up the wall when you drop in.

You also create a heat problem digging. At depths below four feet, the temp of the dirt is a constant 50 to 55 degrees F year 'round. Now, the top of the base of the pipe becomes the surface, but it's then surrounded by trapped heat trying to radiate upward and outward.

You also create a heat problem digging. At depths below four feet, the temp of the dirt is a constant 50 to 55 degrees F year 'round. Now, the top of the base of the pipe becomes the surface, but it's then surrounded by trapped heat trying to radiate upward and outward.

I never thought of that. I just bought a plot in Centralia to put in a ski area :banghead

Edited by bigdaddyk