Buckman's Rail Jam 2/23/08 - Roll Call

TT C6

I wanted to find out who was going to the Buckman's Rail Jam tomorrow and at what time.

I was going to ride Boulder Saturday and stay through Sunday,

but now I'm thinking about grabbing 1st chair Saturday and driving back to Buckman's for the Rail Jam.

I called the shop and got a few times from them:

3pm = Qualifying heats begin

7pm = Finals

8:45 = Award Ceremony

I wanted to find out who was going to the Buckman's Rail Jam tomorrow and at what time.

I was going to ride Boulder Saturday and stay through Sunday,

but now I'm thinking about grabbing 1st chair Saturday and driving back to Buckman's for the Rail Jam.

I called the shop and got a few times from them:

3pm = Qualifying heats begin

7pm = Finals

8:45 = Award Ceremony

Ok, here's the deal -

First, check out the gallery with photos from set up today.

The course is side by side flat/down and up/down finishing with a mini wall (the black Red Bull feature).

Competitor Check in is at 1pm

Practice is 1:30-2:30pm

Competitor meeting 2::45pm

Qualifying Heats begin 3pm

Pro Session approx 6:20pm

Finals start 7pm

Awards 8:45pm

(all times approximate)

Going to be a great time even if you aren't competing. Loads of giveaways.

See you tomorrow!

my booyyyyyyy KevinThomas won the rail jam and $1500 bones! so stoked for him. one of PASR's own! siiiick! everybody give him props for his skills!

Was he #11?

If so, he killed it.

#11 had my vote before the judges announced it.

I left Big Boulder and made it to Buckman's by 6pm.

I'm glad I was able to catch the finals.

Kildares afterwards was a good time too.

Hoegaarden.....mmmmmmm.

Edited by TT C6

Oh, my, god.

That setup looks so sick. I'm super pissed I didn't enter haha.

I'll still be up anyway, seeing as KOP isn't far.

oh and set up wasnt that sick. i think it could have been better if the box didnt have SQUARE coping and they should have just had like a flat box and the single barrel flat down. either that or have the aframe with more of a gap on and off of it. over all it was SUPER fun. i didnt even throw down. at all. but i still had a ball. its prob. one of the most fun things i have ever done like that. only bumber was haveing to argue with the guy just to get ONE practice run. he was like you you you and you and then practice is over but we actually waited in line and not just cut it like everyone else and barly got one practice run.

Stout unfortunately got screwed over in the finals tho

times ten. Still stunned in a big way...

Definitely a fun evening, but some obvious mistakes in judging and no policing of the lines contributed to some jaded feelings on the parts of myself and others.

In any case, thanks a ton for putting this on Johnny. Again there was a ton of swag and everyone that I knew who came was having a blast until the very end. Thats part of entering a comp though.

Congrats again KT! Finals didn't go too well for me. The nasty pizza from the mall started to f with my stomach oh well. For next year some kind of line organization would be cool. Really fun event though everyone was throwin down and had real laid back feel between heats. Any chance we could see a score sheet/final results list posted somewhere???

Oh and i would have expected to see a PASR booth or something double u tee eff??

Edited by skeer_tomas

yea the judges definately must have mixed up matts bib with the other kid, which would make sense cuz I dont think he did as well as Kevin, but I got third and he definately did better than me. No offense to that kid who got 2nd but he didnt do nearly as good as matt