Bragging about my new skis

Melissa

Hey guys,

So, I just bought some new skis, and I am extra excited!!! My set-up for next year will be:

Head Dream Thang 10s

Head Monster 77s w/Intelligence Chip (last year's model, which saved me a TON of money)

I had this huge problem trying to decide between the Fischer Vision Vapors and the Head Monsters, but after talking to quite a few people who had skiied both, I went with the Monster. I hope that I do not regret this decision!

Poles T.B.D. The shop where I am getting my skis is in SLC. I am getting poles from them, but I need to get poles that match my skis. The pics they have of the poles on the internet are not very helpful, so thankfully I have a friend who lives in SLC who is going to the shop this afternoon to pick out a pole that matches the best.

I am very excited!

You bought boots over the internet? If so. Thats not a very good thing to do, and hopefully they'll fit you.

X2 Theres nothing worse than a bad boot fit. Especially with ski boots. Going to a shop and trying stuff on is the only way to go.

Wow, I love that everyone thinks that I'm incompetent when it comes to buying things online. Does everyone really think that I am this stupid? Do you guys seriously think that I'd drop a couple hundred dollars on something that I haven't thoroughly researched? And tried on? I'm offended. Seriously.

Awesome..do you think you'll have them ready to go for Saturday?

Probably not. They probably won't ship til tomorrow a.m. b/c my friend won't get there to pick out poles til like 5pm. Anyways, I still need to get my boots heat molded, and I don't feel like breaking them in on Saturday.

Also, since everyone is so concerned about my ability to shop (um, hello, I'm a girl??), I'd like to point out that I've been in the process of buying boots for the past 2.5 months, have visited numerous shops, have ordered models that I haven't been able to find in shops, and finally decided on this one, after trying it on. I only ordered it online b/c Nestors did not have my size in stock. That and I got the boot on super sale for $175.

Hey guys,

So, I just bought some new skis, and I am extra excited!!! My set-up for next year will be:

Head Dream Thang 10s

Head Monster 77s w/Intelligence Chip (last year's model, which saved me a TON of money)

I had this huge problem trying to decide between the Fischer Vision Vapors and the Head Monsters, but after talking to quite a few people who had skiied both, I went with the Monster. I hope that I do not regret this decision!

Poles T.B.D. The shop where I am getting my skis is in SLC. I am getting poles from them, but I need to get poles that match my skis. The pics they have of the poles on the internet are not very helpful, so thankfully I have a friend who lives in SLC who is going to the shop this afternoon to pick out a pole that matches the best.

I am very excited!

i <3 Head.

yeah well they are a pretty good company. i like some of their twin tips.. i skied some the other week at Blue's demo day... i forget which ones they were. i think mojo 90s? yeah i dunno.

I can't speak for them as a company, but I read a ton of reviews on the Monster (and the Monster's women specific ski, the wild thang maybe?), and everyone raves about them. It was a toss-up between this and the Fischer Vision Vapor. When I was talking to the guy at Sierra about the Vapor, he said that he loved skiing on it, and he said that he used to be a Head rep and thought it skiied extremely close to the Monster. I ended up going with the Monster b/c the Vapor doesn't have all the technology "stuff" that the Monster does. I'm eager to try it and see how the "stuff" is.

its all a bunch of hooey....j/k they should be great skis!

Haha, they totally might be! But, the price of the vapors and the price of the monsters were the same, and since I was told that they ski the same, I figured I might as well pick the one with the "Liquid Metal" and "Intelligence Chip System" and see if it was legit!