Bode fan...

mbike-ski

weak.......IFSA goes in almost anything......I get there is a difference but still shitty

World Cup downhills are life and death at 90+mph, though. I'd hate for even Bode to wreck because of visibility :)

BTW, I wasn't going to bring it up, but Bode showed his character in the slalom finals for sure...he didn't bother to ski...his fans were more than a little bummed.

BORMIO, Italy -- Bode Miller was assured of his second overall World Cup title in four years after his closest challenger decided not to ski one of the season's final two races.

Wow.

Wow? It's cool that you've become a racing fan, DH. And Rob, too, since for a while there all people in speeds suits were fags. It was an amazingly disappointing season on the men's side, since the overall leader---and last year's champion---got hurt. The only Cup Bode won was in Combined, which some of the top racers don't bother with. Bode finished 29th in the world in slalom and 13th in the world in giant slalom...wow? I think using "wow" is reserved for someone who doesn't follow racing or thinks he's needling someone who doesn't like Bode. Either way :yawn :yawn :yawn

And in Bode defense, it did suck that weather shut down the course for the final downhill, taking away his shot at the Downhill Cup title. Even the winner, Didier Cuche, said it would have meant more to him to win it outright on the last day. Cuche also said it wasn't the same with last year's winner, Aksel Lund Svindal, hurt. But maybe Cuche doesn't know what he's talking about :lol:

CONGRATS, though, to Ted Ligety for winning the final WC giant slalom race (Bode was a DNF), which gave him the 2008 World Cup Giant Slalom Title!!!! GS racing on any level is the hardest discipline to win, in most people's opinion. It's by far the most competitive. If Ligety trains more for speed events next year---instead of just trying to hang in for downhill portions of combineds----he'll give a healthy Svindal a run for the title next year.

Bode is good for the sport.

Ha, like you have a pulse on the ski racing community :D I better not find out you're still inviting 14 year old racers to your beach house.

Wanna hear a quick story on someone who is good for the sport? One of the better amateur division racers broke his collar bone this past week. His team was barely holding a lead and they needed his score to clinch the season title, last night. This 40+ year old guy, who is old enough to make his own health decisions, is his team's leader and usually wins the amateur overall title.

Anyway, this guy showed up with his arm strapped to his torso, looking white as a ghost and obviously trying to put up with skipping his pain meds. The guy raced with one arm, which blew his season average score, but skied fast enough to give his team the amateur division title.

Things like that get a "wow" out of me. Not someone who overcomes a hangover. My friend, Joe, is no Bode---he's better than Bode. That is someone who is good for the sport.

Anyway, this guy showed up with his arm strapped to his torso, looking white as a ghost and obviously trying to put up with skipping his pain meds. The guy raced with one arm, which blew his season average score, but skied fast enough to give his team the amateur division title.

Yeah.. props to him!

"Bode is one of the most frequent personalities I hear talked about on the slopes."

You just make shit up. That's a fact, Rob, and you know it. Do you really want to waste time posting how park kids are following Bode Miller's UNTELEVISED racing career and cheering on this terrific personality? I'm around racers on a daily basis and they aren't talking about Bode. Lindsay, yes, a little. Ted, yes, a little. But the race community in the Poconos cares about USSA kids and the recreational skiers don't have any clue what he's been doing because they never see a race. If some NS kid gives Bode props, it isn't because of anything Bode has accomplished, but just something they heard Bode did to act like an asshole---which they do cheer.

The biggest trend in racing isn't World Cup, or anything Bode is doing, but 'Carving'. Ski Mag finally did an article on it. A type of racing with a mission statement which includes the idea of making events 'much more in tune with how regular people ski'. It's a form of racing that even makes fun of 100mph downhill events.

It was an amazingly disappointing season on the men's side, since the overall leader---and last year's champion---got hurt. The only Cup Bode won was in Combined, which some of the top racers don't bother with. Bode finished 29th in the world in slalom and 13th in the world in giant slalom...wow? I think using "wow" is reserved for someone who doesn't follow racing or thinks he's needling someone who doesn't like Bode. Either way :yawn :yawn :yawn

You don't know shit. The overall is the THE CUP! So that makes 2 cups and 2nd in DH. The overall is the most coveted. It was dissapointing to you because Bode won!

The Americans killed it this year! Good job Bode, Lindsey and Ted!

:ph34r:

You don't know shit. The overall is the THE CUP! So that makes 2 cups and 2nd in DH. The overall is the most coveted. It was dissapointing to you because Bode won!

The Americans killed it this year! Good job Bode, Lindsey and Ted!

1st Grade, you're such a moron. You know exactly what I was talking about, especially because I clearly stated what I was saying. This whole fucking thread is about Bode winning the Overall. Typical for you to jump into a thread and get all shaky and up upset, screaming that you know something.

Bode sucked at GS. Bode sucked at slalom. He won a globe in COMBINED, which gave him the overall title. You really think anyone doesn't know the overall title is also a cup? Do you think YOU are teaching people something? Jeez, you're an angry troll.

And why are you congratulating World Cup racers on PASR?

1st Grade, you're such a moron. You know exactly what I was talking about, especially because I clearly stated what I was saying. This whole fucking thread is about Bode winning the Overall. Typical for you to jump into a thread and get all shaky and up upset, screaming that you know something.

Bode sucked at GS. Bode sucked at slalom. He won a globe in COMBINED, which gave him the overall title. You really think anyone doesn't know the overall title is also a cup? Do you think YOU are teaching people something? Jeez, you're an angry troll.

And why are you congratulating World Cup racers on PASR?

The overall is a globe! I'm angry, :confused you bash anyone or anything that pertains to Bode. I hope Lindsey and Ted like the cops in their home towns.

Congrats on your Sno Mountain win. I'll bet that wax company is getting a lot of press from that. They are planning on going public because of you!

The overall is a globe! I'm angry, :confused you bash anyone or anything that pertains to Bode. I hope Lindsey and Ted like the cops in their home towns.

It's a globe? Really? Thank God you knew that to be able to spread your wisdom. Cool that you find a brethren sole in Rob. Have fun at his beach house. You can sip lemonade and watch kids play on the beach this summer while swapping stories about cop killing clans from Franconia.

It's a globe? Really? Thank God you knew that to be able to spread your wisdom. Cool that you find a brethren sole in Rob. Have fun at his beach house. You can sip lemonade and watch kids play on the beach this summer while swapping stories about cop killing clans from Franconia.

I hate the beach, too much sand. I'm thinking Lake Ariel this summer!