Places still open

bigdaddyk

Camelback will be open daily until Sunday April 6, and will reopen Saturday April 12 for the Jib Stick Jungle Rail Jam at the Snowtubing Park. Check out www.skicamelback.com for all the details and to pre-register online. We are giving away over $10,000 worth of cash & prizes for this event!

Also, visit our website for information on our great late-season ticket specials, including info on how passholders from other mountains can ski and ride for free!!

April 13th BB is closing I believe.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed when I heard it, I thought they were trying to make it up to mayday. If they get really low on snow towards the end of the month they could have pushed out the jumps and make 2 or 3 rail lines down boulder park.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed when I heard it, I thought they were trying to make it up to mayday. If they get really low on snow towards the end of the month they could have pushed out the jumps and make 2 or 3 rail lines down boulder park.

I think it has to do with ticket sales not the snow situation. There will be snow on that mountain till june.

Snow is almost never the reason a resort closes. It costs a lot of money to keep a resort open in the Spring. Spring skiing, in PA at least, is not marketable to people buying single tickets (aka noobs). Probably close to 80% of the people skiing there are passholders anyway, nobody is going up and buying a lift ticket. To the general population, skiing is not thought of this time of the year. Most people think about skiing between MLK and President's day weekend, which is resorts biggest paydays.

To keep BB open, they need to:

Pay Employees - Lifties, Sales, Groomers, Ski Patrol, Park Crew

Cover Expenses - Electric to run lifts, etc, Gas to run groomers, work trucks, etc

Pay Insurance

Thats a lot to cover. It's not that BB is losing money persay, its that they dont want to run the RISK of losing money. Right now I'd say they're pretty close but still profiting. In a few more weeks, it's very possible that they might go into the reds and they dont want to run that chance. Once money is lost, its lost and nothing can be done about it.

To update my previous post, Camelback will be closing for the season Saturday, April 5. Join us for our Season Finale, with live entertainment on the deck and beer specials at the Tiki Bar, followed by our annual end-of-the-year photo. Check out www.skicamelback.com for the details. Thank you to eveyone who made it out this season and we hope to see you for one last run on Saturday!