May Day Rail Jam set up.

If you have a screen name at NS - sign in here too.. http://newschoolers.com/web/content/events/event_id/683/

There is a large turnout of skiers from as much as 6 hours away coming for this. We are doing news/press coverage also for a NS front page release. BTW NS is now second of the most popular websites right behind skipass.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at big boulder web cam and the amount of snow that they have left is amazing. it looks like it goes half way up boulder slope. definitely more then last year should be a sick comp. Now i am getting even more pissed because i have to work on may day but i will be up later any one know how long they are going to let people on the snow after the event

Just looked at big boulder web cam and the amount of snow that they have left is amazing. it looks like it goes half way up boulder slope. definitely more then last year should be a sick comp. Now i am getting even more pissed because i have to work on may day but i will be up later any one know how long they are going to let people on the snow after the event

they did last year

dman damn damn... I used to be able to view through those cams. I don't know why it doesn't work now. crap.. I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

post the link that you are using to view.

for anyone checking in last minute.

A rythym section MotoX style with rollers

25 footish kicker in a stepover style at the top

a dozen quality jibs in all kinds of set ups

30% scattered showers in the forecast.

Ok we're gonna do a comp for some of the better prizes on the hill!

boarders only.......

THEME OF THE DAY....

I gotta get outa here....

as much as I love Boulder, they are lame like that. When riders are numbering 10 to 1 skier, what can you do? Ask them to give rider entry money to the skiers? I wish I had more time during the week to organize some skiing events there. BB Event Mgmt may need help with skiing contacts, or so it seems, the other bigger problem is there are simply not enough park skiers to warrant any thing substantial.

How long did it rain today?

Any videos?

A girl I'm dating had a big BBQ/kegger at her college and I didn't want to drive 3 hours for a rainy rail jam.

I'm kinda pissed I didn't go to BB, but her and I went 16 games straight in beer pong without getting beat. A new personal record.:rock

How long did it rain today?

Any videos?

Didnt rain at all. And its only the day after haha. Vids dont come up that quick.

And about the whole no skiier thing... I honestly saw like 4 or 5 skiiers.. If there were a bunch of skiiers I could see why they would hate but..

So bummed I couldn't make it. If anyones got any pics, results, write-up, that would be sick to hold me over till next year.

Unless there was something after i left, it was just if you threw down, you get some little prize, like head phones, or some DVD's or something.

So bummed I couldn't make it. If anyones got any pics, results, write-up, that would be sick to hold me over till next year.

There is a write being done along with photos and an edit. I'll copy it and post it here when it goes up tomorrow.

And about the whole no skiier thing... I honestly saw like 4 or 5 skiiers..

It was probably about 8 or 9 riders to each skier. there were at least 25-30 over the course of the day. BTW you are in the edit, saying "how ya doin"

Unless there was something after i left, it was just if you threw down, you get some little prize, like head phones, or some DVD's or something.

No cash prizes? I think last year they gave out some money for first, second, third.

There is a write being done along with photos and an edit. I'll copy it and post it here when it goes up tomorrow.

Word, i'm waiting for the edits to pop up everywhere.

Ya sorry to seem bitter and rain on what was a real fun time and great setup, but its just the same old story. They didn't have any ski sponsors so it makes sense that there wouldn't really be any skier-oriented prizes. It does seem like the skier turnout is getting better and better though, so hopefully we'll start seeing some more love.

Ya sorry to seem bitter and rain on what was a real fun time and great setup, but its just the same old story. They didn't have any ski sponsors so it makes sense that there wouldn't really be any skier-oriented prizes. It does seem like the skier turnout is getting better and better though, so hopefully we'll start seeing some more love.

I understand where you're coming from, but when only 25 skiers show up versus 175 snowboarders, it makes sense for the prizes to be better for the latter since it would obviously take more talent to stand out and place well.

But if they only threw out gear to those who were riding well, then it is unfair if a skier who is killing gets a snowboard related prize or even worse, nothing.

But if they only threw out gear to those who were riding well, then it is unfair if a skier who is killing gets a snowboard related prize or even worse, nothing.

Ya that was kinda the deal that pissed me off a little bit. At one point they were handing out some skullcandy (a company that supports both boarders and skiers) earphones at one of the features, and this big crew of skiers was absolutely slaying it to the point that a lot of the boarders were just watching and givin' props to a lot of the skiers. There were barely any boarders dropping in on the feature, and the guy was standing there saying boarders only over and over. I could understand if they were giving out a snowboard or a pair of skis and wanted them to go to a boarder or skier, but for the swag type event this was with stuff just being thrown out and the best trick format there was no reason for the boarder only thing, especially when not followed by a skier only feature.

this big crew of skiers was absolutely slaying it to the point that a lot of the boarders were just watching and givin' props to a lot of the skiers. There were barely any boarders dropping in on the feature, and the guy was standing there saying boarders only over and over.

Curious, was that Ben Birk on the mic? That sounds like him. He is not Boulder staff and he has that attitude quite often.

I can tell you that Boulder Staff is super stoked on the skiers, even more so now, in light of what Brogan, Seany, KT, Stunt have been doing this season. Take a look at the Boulder Park team make up. Skier sponsors are hard to get, I have been talking to some and well... we are too far away... have a disproportionate amount of riders compared to the rest of the park world... Don't know anyone at Boulder... The regional reps hook up the Zgames thing. We need to think larger.

This summer, I think I will spearhead getting suggestions for a skier only comp and then go from there.

What type of Comp.

What type of Judging rules.

What type of features.