Photo idea

snowboarddude

when i was in vail last year there were photographers walking around the park taking pics of people doing tricks... i think i would be nice for bear to do something like that and then the pictures could be ordered at the lodge for like $5 and they would also be emailed to you so they would be on you computer

bear should deffinatly consider trying to do something like that

please post thoughts and ideas

Edited by Mini Zep

thats more money that should really be spent on improvements for the park. imo

if it worked out they could make more money for the park.

they should also do all around the mountain too though because the peopel that come once a year would prolly want a pic taken of them posing at the top of a trail or something. then since they are there with prolly their entire extended family everyone would buy one.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

It's a good idea but the pictures are going to have to be alot more than $5 to pay for the equipment/photographers and what not..and most people are going to want actual prints..They have that at Stowe and Jackson Hole at the top of the lift but that's just for scenery shots..I think a photographer for tricks is a great idea..I think $15-20 seems about right.

maybe if they are REALLY good. or they do a sequence or something. i wouldnt pay 15-20 just for one pic.

Sounds like a good idea. They should just offer that in the lodge so if ya wanna hire the guy for 1 pic or to film for 1 hour your price could be adjusted. It would keep the guy from wandering around in the park all day giving it that amusement park feel.

I'm sure people could do this on their own, but it seems like it would be an asset to the mountain to have somebody employed to do that and make bank for them. At least that way you wouldn't have to rely on your buddies who may cut off your head or not get their setting right and end up looking like you were shooting at night.

I could see people psyched about this if your a gaper or a trickster.

as a family guy i think this would be a good idea, i'd pay $10-15 for some cool shots of my kids and myself. none of the folks i ski or ride mtb with are really into the photog thing so i really don't have any cool shots except like scenery poses or blurry point and shoots from a million feet away with my head cut off... maybe we should post a pasr photo jam one saturday morning and get one of you photo guys out!

I would think that someone could make a few $ freelancing taking some shots, handing out cards and posting 'em online with a fee to download - I assume that how some of the event shots get done?

Edited by mbike-ski

he shots from bears comps from like 06 07 were (or still are) on the website and i think you can just copy and save them. i know pondskimming this previous year you had to download it off a website. they prolly hired a company to take pics.

ohhh and at the comps this year there were photographers but i never saw the pics anywhere. anybody know about that?

Not really the same but ill be in the park doing video's for bear creek this winter...i could prob find some time to put down the video camera and take some digital stills as well though. I prob wouldnt even charge you guys, we'll see...

Just what we need another person standing around in the park giving people even more of a reason to huddle around and sit in the middle of the trails.

If a hired photog. actually had a head on their shoulder they would know where to stand to stay out of the way and still get the shot. Hell a mtn employed photog. could also act as a polite park ranger, if they're standing next to the jump anyway they could call all clear or tell little kids to remove themselves from landings and the like. Kid's might listen to and even respect someone with a camera and a BC jacket.

This of course all depends on the photographer being a cool person and being park savvy. It could work for the better I think.

no thanks. BC's crowded enough. just what we need is a photographer walking around with all the Mini Zep's crowding around the rail hes near. if you want you picture taken, grab your parents digital camera and find a friend. or get a job and buy your own.

I talked to my mom who is pretty good at taking pictures (she actually has a photog job on the side, she gets a page in this little paper around our way) and I told her that she should come up a couple days a year, snap pictures and then put them on her website where you can buy them for like 1 dollar for a 4x6, which is pretty cheap, and then they send them right to you house i think, plus you can get an assortment of sizes. She said she was down and thought it would be a good idea, so ill let you guys know closer to the season if i can remember.

meh. i'm with burton. i just want to ride. if i really feel like i need a photo of myself doing something, my sister can do it and that's that. the park can become so frustrating so fast on crowded weekends without giving people one more reason to stand around pretending they're going to do something, screwing with the slow. and taking photos plus being a park ranger is a lot to put on someone, task-wise and liability-wise.