Any interest in a PASR Gathering out west in 08/09??

phillycore

Karma says you have to remember the ear plugs for your roommate (or victim however you look at it).

That's why I was looking into a single... rather than putting someone through that after also being probably the weakest skier in the group..

Could lead to someone choking me out in the middle of the night... lol

For simple comparison reasons... I did a check on single occupancy vs. double vs. 4

Single-

Feb 5 - 10

5 nights viking lodge (one dbl bed), 4 days lift, air roundtrip out of phl $685

Double - 1 dbl bed, 1 floor space (or the GSS / Atomic Jeff snuggle deluxe room.... j/k)

Feb 5-10

5 nights viking lodge (same el cheapo room as single), 4 days lift, air roundtrip from philly $552

Double- 2 beds

Feb 5-10

5 nights viking lodge nordic suite (one queen in br, one single in living area), 4 days lifts, air roundtrip out of phl $640

(only one available)

4 people-

Feb 5-10

5 nights viking lodge loft (1 dbl bed,1 single bed downstairs 2 single beds in small loft) / 4 days lift / air roundtrip via PHL $540

(only one of these rooms available)

(FYI - I only chose this lodge because it was the cheapest one located within the town winter park)

Lodge info...

78966 U.S. Highway 40

Winter Park, CO

The Viking is a traditional European Ski Lodge offering friendly service & cozy accommodations. A variety of rooms await you . . . from rustic nordic rooms to traditional alpine rooms in the main lodge, some boasting lofts and kitchens. All alpine rooms have mini-fridges for your convenience. The renowned Alpine Suite is one of a kind, complete with kitchen and fireplace. All rooms offer private baths and color TV.

Our knowledgeable staff can provide you with information on restaurants, transportation, and all local activities.

Located in the heart of downtown Winter Park, the Viking is across the street from restaurants, shopping and nightlife. Our on-site Ski/Bike Shop can supply you with all your rental, apparel and equipment needs. Planning to arrive by plane or train? With the Viking's great location on the free shuttle route, there is no need for a car: For shuttles from DIA airport call Home James shuttle service at 1-800-451-4844. For free shuttles from the Amtrak station in Fraser, call directly to the Viking Lodge.

Flight info -

Frontier Airlines

depart PHL 9:00 am Arrive Denver 11:25 am Feb 5th nonstop

depart Denver 4:45 pm Arrive Phl 10:15 pm Feb 10th nonstop

Lift Ticket - Transfour card valid at Winter Park / Copper Mountain for 4 days skiing / riding (FYI - lift ticket cost $199 of the total)

Transfers from Denver to Winter Park are NOT included in the totals above.... Although the Home James Shuttle service is approx. $120 roundtrip

Glenn.... How would you get to the Amtrak station from Denver airport... (or is it right there??)

I've only flown into Denver once before and we rented an S.U.V. (there was 4 of us and we drove to Breck / Vail / Keystone)

I'm also assuming from your post that amtrak would drop you off in fraser then you'd take the free shuttle to winter park from that point.. Correct??

Edited by phillycore

Eh, I thought it might be easier. Looks like a it's a bunch of getting on and off buses to do it that way. Cheaper, maybe, but kind of complicated.

Take RTD bus #AF from DIA to market street station for a cost of $8.00 per person, one way. Then take the free mallride shuttle to Union Station. Union station is what Amtrak uses.

Taken from http://www.city-data.com/forum/denver/156531-dia-amtrak.html

When you get to Fraser you can take the free shuttle or I could meet you guys depending on how many people and how much luggage.

Yeah good look.

Could just try to shoving everything I need into a double ski bag and then use my camelbak as my carry-on and boots as a personal item...lol Ski bag has wheels, so I'd be cool with that...

still doubt I'd use the skip, hop, jump, method of getting there though... rather spend a little less time jumping around and more time there..

Edited by phillycore

I'm up in the air about where I want to go this year...I've got 3 blocks of time set aside for trips out west, and I plan on using all of them. I'm just not sure where I want to go.

In all honesty... I can see why you of anyone would be hesitant on scheduling anything after what you went through last year.

After you get a few runs on the leg, then you'll know for sure your shit is back on point.

I was just wondering when you were going to post anything at all to this thread (interested or not) because I was pretty much luring you into the thread with certain comments ......

It did pretty much suck not getting to ski with you last year at least once or twice...

This year I'll be at JF/BB for the most part, but I'll make sure I get to ski with you and the Blue crew at least a few times if for nothing else... It's always a good time..

In all honesty... I can see why you of anyone would be hesitant on scheduling anything after what you went through last year.

After you get a few runs on the leg, then you'll know for sure your shit is back on point.

I was just wondering when you were going to post anything at all to this thread (interested or not) because I was pretty much luring you into the thread with certain comments ......

It did pretty much suck not getting to ski with you last year at least once or twice...

This year I'll be at JF/BB for the most part, but I'll make sure I get to ski with you and the Blue crew at least a few times if for nothing else... It's always a good time..

It's got nothing to do with my leg...I truly don't know where I want to go.

It's got nothing to do with my leg...I truly don't know where I want to go.

Well, pick one as a "tune up", one because you know it's reliable and you've loved it, and one as something totally new. Then you've covered all your bases.