Any interest in a PASR Gathering out west in 08/09??

phillycore

from what i've heard from friends, and after talking to the K2 rep today. Yes baker is awesome. Which is exactly why im looking to go there. Plus Southwest flies to seattle so hopefully i can pick up a semi cheap flight.

Edited by Dan-

I saw that in the ski magazine resort guide...

Isn't telluride a LOT of bump runs as well??

on page 80 they have all the baggage guidelines which is cool..

You can never go by their rankings as we all know they are bogus...but there is always some cool stuff in there to look at...

Jackson will always be on my high list because I know what I'm getting there...and since I'll be by myself and all that...

Epicski is having a gathering there Feb 6-11 so I may just hit it then if I can't hook up with some PASR's...

Then again there's always the winter park thing which is great, I'm just not sure if the mountain type is going to be more frustrating than anything else..

I'm just not a bump skier by any means.... Skiing with Glenn, Nick, though might push that one to the top... The CO PASR's seem cool as hell and I'd love to have the chance to hang with them..

Whistler is just a dream... too much $$$ and not somewhere I'd want to go by myself...

Tahoe I can go to with my boss at some point

Steamboat I can go with him as well... both places he has timeshare options for... he's just kiteboarding this season and putting snowboarding on hold.

Edited by phillycore

We could go to steamboat if they get snow while you are up here, but honestly it isn't anything special. Don't worry too much about the bumps. If you decide on Jackson though, I'll try my hardest to get up there.

Looks like the pass I'm getting has 6 days at Steamboat. So I may be able to make it there too. And Jackson I'd try my best to get up there at least one day, but I can't promise anything as that is WAY too far out to know what my calendar will look like.

Looks like the pass I'm getting has 6 days at Steamboat. So I may be able to make it there too. And Jackson I'd try my best to get up there at least one day, but I can't promise anything as that is WAY too far out to know what my calendar will look like.

I only even looked at steamboat because I knew it could be done cheaply, sans rental vehicle, and my boss who I normally go on trips with has timeshare access there..

I will probably end up there with him at some point... other than that I have no reason to choose there over anywhere else..

Jackson and W/P are the most likely out of anywhere...

The viking lodge that I was looking at in W/P has some real shit reviews online....but that's not enough to scare me away from there and there are also some other places that are cheap and better.. It's really the not knowing factor more than anything. The bus trip from Denver to W/P would kinda suck, but no big deal... I have no clue to what the town is like and what's there, and how far away shit is, etc..

Being as I've been to Jackson, I KNOW everything is right there... not to mention the mountain itself is just SICK... That's probably the one place I've been where I know I can entertain myself all day or until I'm spent... I'd pretty much just camp out at Billy's every night for dinner... good vibes there and good eats...

If I knew that GSS, Jeff, Toast, etc. was going to be there the same time frame...

I'd have already booked it just because I've skied with them before, it's always a good time, and I won't get to see them as much this year being as I'll be at JF/BB.

With everyone being at or conveinantly near W/P that just makes sense...

Not to mention that Mary Jane is one of those places that every skier/rider should do at least once from what I keep reading....

If I can find a somewhat cheap method of travel and/or find someone to pay me to come to CO then I'll be there.

well i can't offer a cheap method of travel, but it seems like between glenn and i we can offer room and board. and i can spring for some tofu or tempeh (assuming you are still a vegetarian).

well i can't offer a cheap method of travel, but it seems like between glenn and i we can offer room and board. and i can spring for some tofu or tempeh (assuming you are still a vegetarian).

I just checked Amtrak and I can get a round trip ticket from SLC to Denver for ~$130 so that shouldn't really break the bank or anything. I've got a ton of friends in CO and have been meaning to to come out for years so maybe this year I'll stop putting it off and come out for a week or two.

I'm sure somebody will sponsor you..I've got five on it..lol

If I put a quarter in a jar for every shit post you make on this site up until the trip I'm sure I'll easily have my travel expenses covered plus some spare cash for drinks.

he's not lying...on all counts.

I wouldn't be worried about waking up uber early..

I've NEVER been on a ski trip that I haven't been ready for first chair.

safety meetings are part of the sport...

I'm non paticipatory but I have no problem attending.

You would probably need it to sleep through me sawing wood all night.....<-- this would probably be the biggest issue for someone honestly...

(I'm bad man... when I go on trips with my boss he makes me give up all the pillows in the

entire place except for one and he randomly pegs me with them from across the room throughout the night..

I'm trained like a doberman.. when the pillow hits me I roll over and stop snoring...lmao )

3k Vert without stopping....

Yeah, that may be another issue all together.

Being as you guys ski 90-100 times a season and I get in a good 15-20

My legs will wear out LONG before yours will for sure..

I wouldn't expect anyone to slow down or alter course for my benefit.

I either keep up or catch up to you at some other point throughout the day.

Some PASR JHMR Apres' ski would be sicktarded as well...

What would be UBER sick... Filling all the stools at Billy's with PASR's after shredding some gnar

at the sickest mountain in the U.S followed by a group pic by the antlers in town square..

I'm game for it you know that.... even if we booked seperately for the same week, whatever..

It would be Great if somehow Glenn, Nick and them could be part of it too....

I've got to meet these guys at some point they are just so F'n cool on the boards it's on my must do list..

It would be Great if somehow Glenn, Nick and them could be part of it too....

I've got to meet these guys at some point they are just so F'n cool on the boards it's on my must do list..

Geez d00d quit hitting on me, haha.

Anyway, I'd do everything in my power to make it up to JH if that is what you decided to do. Like I said, I've got some connections up there that may be able to get me a free pass or 2. So if that all worked out I'd be up there in a heart beat. If that didn't work out, I'd still try my best to get up there. I'd just have to give you a more solid decision closer to the actual date. So keep us informed.