Any interest in a PASR Gathering out west in 08/09??

phillycore

cool deal Jordan... hopefully I'll be able to pull it all together.

Not looking too promising at the moment.

Would you guys all still want to meet up even it was just me ?

Winter park would not be my personal #1 choice, but I'd definitely consider it if I had someone to ski with.

Just wouldn't want anyone to feel like they were having a shit time hangin with the fat gaper.

My personal high list would be....

Utah - never been there

Whistler / Blackcombe - never been there

Tahoe - never been there

Jackson Hole - return of the tram and I had a blast there

Taos - Never been there

Montanta - Never been there

I'm already locked in for 2 trips out west. If anyone's at Powder and Snowbasin 3/14-3/21 give a shout.

I'll be out earlier in the year and around then too. Check with Powder about James Peak cat rides, its like 5 bucks a ride and it is more than worth it. It used to be a rope you would hold on to, now they let you ride in the cab.

Powder countries are awesome too but don't miss the bus, its a god damn long walk.

I'm getting dates together and I'm pretty sure I'm going to just finalize something for myself either this week or next..

The rates are already going up and I want to lock in before I need to pay more. (FWIW the transfour card already went up $10 in the past week, and some of the lodging rates have gone up $10-20 a night since I looked last.)

As of right now these are the dates I'm looking at for rates reasons, as well as trying to work around a weekend as Nick M. said weekends are best for him with his new job and all that.

Glenn... I'm not sure if weekdays or weekends are better for you or even if it matters...

Here are a couple options....

Thurs - Tues. (would ski Fri - Mon)

Jan 22 - 27th

Feb. 5 - 10th

Friday - Wednesday (would ski Sat - Tues)

Jan 23 - 28th

Feb 6- 11th

All four itinerary's would cost me the same for lodging / lift / air ($685)

so it's really a matter of which week is better for you guys and which

itinerary (Thurs-Tues or Fri - Wednesday....or neither I can get the same rate for M-F if weekends are indeed bad)

These are all for Winter Park and staying at Alpine lodge in winter park..

I don't know the specifics of my work schedule, but basically I work nights and have off during the week. So I can ride everyday with you, but will have to jet early (like 3pm) on the days I work. So, in light of Nick and Jordan's situation you should book over a weekend.

http://www.skiwp.com/vikinglodge.html

That price does not include insurance which is like $50 or so extra if I remember right..

That price also does not include transfers from Denver to Winter Park... but Home James does it for about $120 round trip.

That price does not include any additional baggage fees the airline may charge

Yes it does include tax...

You people should know by now I'm married with 3 kids and make shit for income..... I do my homework... lol

http://www.skiwp.com/vikinglodge.html

That price does not include insurance which is like $50 or so extra if I remember right..

That price also does not include transfers from Denver to Winter Park... but Home James does it for about $120 round trip.

That price does not include any additional baggage fees the airline may charge

Yes it does include tax...

You people should know by now I'm married with 3 kids and make shit for income..... I do my homework... lol

Does your wife make more than you?

nope... but she's really really close...and seems to get closer every year as I've only had 2 income raises in the past 5 1/2 years.

(I'm okay with her getting closer and even if she does pass me... She wears the pants anyway...)

I also took a 15k paycut when I took this job after losing my old job due to them closing the Northeast regional center.

You need to do what you can I guess.... I have noone to blame but myself for not staying in college and on my previous career path.

That aside... I still feel like I made the right choice because when I decided to leave college and take a job for financial reasons (couldn't afford college any longer even with loans)

I ended up meeting my wife at that job (16 years ago) and I don't think I would have met her if I didn't.

I'll take the loving wife, the 3 kids, and the chaos that goes with it over the possible financial security that might or might not have been.

(My major in college and original career choice was special education.... I wanted to be a special ed. teacher which isn't exactly a real high paying job either.. highly rewarding though... at least IMO)

In all honesty... I'm almost positive that a LOT of people on here probably gross more individually than my wife and I do jointly.

I'd also be willing to bet that our daycare costs per month at one time equaled out to more than some pay for their apartment's ($1200 month)

We don't pay that anymore though thank GOD because our oldest is old enough to watch himself for the hour and a half between school and when someone gets home. (13), our middle now is in 1st grade (6)so we only need to pay for before/ after / and half-day care (on those occasions when he has a half-day from school) but we still get hit with the 3 y/o for another couple years...

$1000 for a trip is a huge expense for me, but it's one that I do because it's something I LOVE to do.

I don't know the specifics of my work schedule, but basically I work nights and have off during the week. So I can ride everyday with you, but will have to jet early (like 3pm) on the days I work. So, in light of Nick and Jordan's situation you should book over a weekend.

Solid...

Johnny...

I think I may have actually seen you ski last year at Jack Frost.

If it was you.... you were wearing a black buckmans jacket (logo on the back) and were tearing the living shit out of an ungroomed Floyds's Folly..

Also if it was you... you are a WAY better skier than I am...as I could never have torn that up the way you did...I managed it..

Either way it should be great to ski with all of you... transplanted or not... Getting 5 PASR's (so far) together in Colorado is great when it's hard sometimes to

even get three or four together here in Pa. (outside of Blue Mt.)

i wonder why they're all at blue, and not jfbb :banghead you should come back :wiggle

I only left for financial reasons...

I got my JF/BB pass for $4xx and it included the remainder of last season, all of this season, and 4 free tickets that I could give to my son.

JF/BB also blows snow into the woods and allows you to ski anywhere you want... I like messing around in the glades, and getting off the trails once in a while..

You don't get the chance to do it that much at Blue and they don't cut access in the woods like JF does.

JF/BB is also the first to open and the last to close... with me being a weekend skier due to location that gives me the best chance to make the season pass worth the $$.

If blue offered something like that... I'd have done that for sure... JF/BB is probably a one year thing... anything longer and I'd go nuts with the slow lifts / short runs ratio..