Any interest in a PASR Gathering out west in 08/09??

phillycore

I was out there over my spring break last year(first week of march) and the snow was good. I would love to go but baseball pretty much prohibits me from that stuff unless its over over winter break(Dec 14- Jan 14th). Although I have been to Co before it would be a blast to do it again. However WP is not really my cup of tea. I am not good at bumps and thats what the MJ side is. The woods were awesome with Glenn as my guide but I could never keep up and I felt like I was always holding him up.

That's my biggest worry as well Nox..

It's not like that Nox. I'm open to riding with all ability levels, so long as I'm not putting them in a situation where they will hurt themselves.

I know and I thank you a lot for that. I will probably not have an experience that I had like that for a long time. It was awesome having you take me through those woods. None of it was way beyond my skill level. I mean I got through it all but I just need a lot more practice through the woods. I just don't get out enough to be able to work on it.

If at all possible don't come during spring break. This past winter I had to work extra shifts during the day because we were so busy. Lifts you could normally ride straight onto had 20 min. waits. If it's the only time you can make it happen, then come on out anyways, but if you have options it's just like a holiday weekend for 3 weeks straight.

If at all possible don't come during spring break. This past winter I had to work extra shifts during the day because we were so busy. Lifts you could normally ride straight onto had 20 min. waits. If it's the only time you can make it happen, then come on out anyways, but if you have options it's just like a holiday weekend for 3 weeks straight.

I witnessed it too, they dude ain't playin.

I witnessed it too, they dude ain't playin.

FWIW I personally wouldn't want to choose that weekend... $300 more for a busier weekend just doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't not go that weekend though if for some reason it was the weekend everyone else wanted.

Make sense??

Same goes with WP.. If for some reason people wanted to go elsewhere I'm game for that too.

I would prefer to keep it in Co. though so we can include Nick, Glenn, Jordan, Shadows, etc.. as it would be great to get everyone together.

The thing is nobody is giving out any ideas on where they'd like to go.

Nox said he could try to go if we went Dec 14 - Jan 14 (obviously X-mas - New Years is out so the latest week in Jan would be the best.. I guess... Jan 8-13th area for snow reasons)

Toast seems like he's pretty open to suggestions as long as the $$ is right.

Glenn and Shadows said they could possibly help out 1 or 2 peeps with floor space if they needed it.

(obviously you'd need to make arrangements with them and I'd hope you'd hook them up with something for their generosity)

We could also possibly pimp some discounts on lifts as well.. (obviously this depends on where we go and where we found the lift discounts)

If you don't want to post your ideas on the board for whatever reason, then PM me.

If I don't hear anything from you, I'm assuming that you aren't interested....

As of right now, it looks like people have some interest but noone really is committed to looking for dates, places, etc. other than the few ideas I've thrown out there. (and those from the Co. peeps)

Not trying to be a dick here, just trying to get this headed in the right direction and get your ideas, thoughts, etc..

Boy this is going nowhere fast...

So far this is what I'm getting from all this..

Jordan probably hasn't seen the post yet.

Jeff hasn't posted anything (other than conversing with GSS) it seems as if he's just not into it (unless GSS is doing something).

Nox can only do Dec 14 - Jan 14 for legit reasons however it's not the best time to go to Co. and he would rather avoid WP because of terrain and going there last season..

Dan needs it to be during his spring break (legit reason) but the costs / crowds for that week is going to kill it for others...

Kragan is down with WP, but would like it to be late Feb.

GSS doesn't know WTF he's doing, will not commit to anything, would rather do Utah than Co. because of airport distance and never having skied there before (legit reason), however he would try to make it to wherever a PASR gathering is if it fit into what he wanted to do. (sounds like an excuse)

Toast wants a killer deal posted that he can jump on for financial reasons. Although I do believe he does want to go the price just needs to be tight. (legit)

Glenn / Shadows are both willing and want to hook up PASR's that want to ski with them... (super legit)

Nick Malozzi seems as if he wants to ski / meet PASR's would make the trek to WP and possibly could make the trek elsewhere depending on distance and timeframe.. (legit)

Ski Head - would love to go but it would lead him into a divorce in order to do it, so that obviously counts him out (legit reason)

and lastly.. me

I'm just trying to organize this chaotic mess and figure out a way to ski / chillax with some PASR's in good terrain out west on a budget of course

So... all in all we got this...

For Crowd / Expense reasons

MLK weekend is out

Presidents Day weekend is out

Spring Break weeks are out

X-mas - N. Years is out

Colorado will be cheaper than Utah because flights to Co. are cheaper than Utah.

However this depends on shuttle rates between airport-lodge or car rental rates is renting a vehicle.

Colorado could possibly include Glenn, Nick Malozzi, Shadows, Jordan

Utah might exclude them...

The best flight rate I've found to Colorado is around $220 (extra baggage rates not included in this) $310 via southwest (no extra cost baggage issues)

Shuttle back and forth is around $120 round trip

The flight cost goes up by $100-$150 mid Feb - March

I have not researched flights to Utah other than initially when I found that Colorado flights were indeed cheaper.

I won't be able to make it unless it were winter break or spring break.

During the winter break I will be at Jay Peak VT. And during the holidays its not that busy at all. Maybe a 5 minute wait in the lift line. Maybe we could do a PASR gathering at Jay Peak???

I can def help shack people up if the need arises. I have a pull out couch,and a spare bed in my home office. I also have an air mattress. I've successfully slept 6 people in my apartment comfortably in addition to Gwen and myself, and nobody had to sleep on the floor.

Keep in mind that I work 9-5 Monday-Friday, and probably will not be eligible for any vacation days during the time this all goes down. So, I'm game to hit the hills on the weekend days of this excursion, and I'm 99% sure you can count Gwen in as well. I'd prefer WP if I'm going to be putting people up at my place because it is an easy drive, but could get coaxed into a further resort if people are willing to kick me a few bucks for gas. Gwen and I only own one car currently, so I can transport 2 people in to the resorts. Anymore then that and you're going to have to work out a rental car or something.

I take lodging fees in the form of beer and pretzels (sounds odd, but it is damn hard to find a good bag of pretzels out here).

That is my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Yo I would definitely be down for this, I'll be 18 in october and would love to come out and ski with some PASR's. I am getting a job right now and could probably have enough by december or january. I would def want to try and crash on someone's couch because I need to save some money for college next year. And if it's possible, shadows maybe you could show me around your school...looks sick. But anyway, sounds like a good plan... and i'm down for any mountain.

oh and for couch space, I'll bring out every type of pretzel they sell at WaWa!!

now that is what i'm talking about. nothing like a unique split and a brewski.

OK WTF is a unique split??

This is starting to get better now that we got some interest in this thing...

It seems as if most of the interest s for Colorado so let's stick with that...

Winter Park makes the most sense since it's easiest for Glenn and Nick.

Late January or early February also seems like it's going to fit in the easiest for most people as well...

So does this sound good??

PASR Ski Gathering

Winter Park Colorado... Tour Guide none other than PASR's own "Da Boyz Got Skillz" Glenn

Late January / Early February 2009

How many days of skiing do you want?

What kind of accomodations (couch/floor space, cheap room in town, I'll sleep in the lodge, only 5 star shit)

The earlier we get the details done the earlier we can snag the deals before the prices get jacked and availability is gone..

Who's Down??

Unique Splits.. https://secure.uniquesplits.com/dev/index2.php you can order them online...

I might be there but I'm doing my own planning..and not bunking with anybody..if I go it will be very much last minute..like a week or two in advance..

You don't have to snuggle with someone but it will be a better time if we are all in the same relative area, it makes general boozing and planning easier.

You don't have to snuggle with someone but it will be a better time if we are all in the same relative area, it makes general boozing and planning easier.

X2

As of right now I'm looking (for myself) into booking a room at the viking lodge.. $60 a night in town of winter park, on the free shuttle route, close to shopping and food (according to their info page). I'm on a budget and since I'm a single the cost / location works for me.

If you plan on spending more than 1 day at WP it would be silly to stay anywhere but the town of winter park. Berthoud pass does close in big storms and you don't want to be stuck away from the resort, and it's just a long haul to get here from anywhere else that has lodging.

No reason not to book together unless you like paying more.

If you plan on spending more than 1 day at WP it would be silly to stay anywhere but the town of winter park. Berthoud pass does close in big storms and you don't want to be stuck away from the resort, and it's just a long haul to get here from anywhere else that has lodging.

No reason not to book together unless you like paying more.

Oh I got no problem booking with someone... (especially to save some coin)

If I got my own bed and an outlet to charge my phone....(I got kids and a wife at home)...I'm tight...

I snore like a mother F'er though especially after a long day of skiing.