BB early open last year was a zoo

Robert2

BB weekend early open last year was a zoo.

They opened one small hill and loaded it with rails.

And then sold too many lift tickets for a one hill opening

so the lift line was like snowtubing during peak season.

The hill was covered with so many gapers it was like you were

shopping potted plants in a lawn and garden store.

I live near BB and we have had snowcapped pumpkins on Halloween so its not so crazy to think we may get ski conditions

early but getting riders to PAY for lift tickets in November is

like getting riders to pay for lift tickets in March.

It does not matter if its cold enough to make snow early.

They are not going to STAFF the ski resorts until they can get customers and that does not happen until very late November

and early December.

They can gear up , make snow, deep snow, and still will not

open to the public until they are ready to pay staff and the

electric bill to run the lifts, clean the lodge and make food.

BB weekend early open last year was a zoo.

They opened one small hill and loaded it with rails.

And then sold too many lift tickets for a one hill opening

so the lift line was like snowtubing during peak season.

The hill was covered with so many gapers it was like you were

shopping potted plants in a lawn and garden store.

I live near BB and we have had snowcapped pumpkins on Halloween so its not so crazy to think we may get ski conditions

early but getting riders to PAY for lift tickets in November is

like getting riders to pay for lift tickets in March.

It does not matter if its cold enough to make snow early.

They are not going to STAFF the ski resorts until they can get customers and that does not happen until very late November

and early December.

They can gear up , make snow, deep snow, and still will not

open to the public until they are ready to pay staff and the

electric bill to run the lifts, clean the lodge and make food.

Sadly one of Doug's rapping threads makes more sense than this...

are you surprised

that there may be a lot of

people who want to snowboard as soon as possible

I hate to break it to you but

early seasion sessions every year

are filled with people who you might not like

at the end of the

day you will probably have fun considering

you are snowboarding in november

sooner or later you might realize that no

matter what happens you still get to go snowboarding

regardless of who might show up

it's pretty easy to ignore most of the

dumb shit that happens and if you still have fun

it doesn't really matter who's there

as long as you have a good

time, that's all that matters

WTF?

+1

Seriously, wtf?

Your topic is "BB early open was a zoo" i.e. too many people, and then your point is "BB can't sell tickets early".

Get a clue. I didn't get a JFBB pass this year because I'll be traveling most of the winter, but I'll be there opening day buying a ticket for sure. So if your point is that all the people there are just season pass holders, I point to the fact that many PASRs only went to JFBB before their home mountain was open, myself now included in that list. Plus a lot of people bought passes primarily FOR the long season - that was me last year.

Size matters, when you are a small mountain you have to do something to make up for it. Length and parks are the answer for JFBB. If they opened on the same day as Blue or Camelback wouldn't it be pretty weak?

Of course we all want to ride in November.

I went snowboarding 3 hours every weekday they were open last winter and a few weekends too.

Like I said before... I live here.

All I said was they sold too many lift tickets for an opening of just ONE hill.

They had enough people there to fill 3 small hills.

I just hope they learned from last year and make more of an effort to open more than ONE HILL

on early opening weekends.

I was told by JFBB management about this FORUM so you should know they do read some of this dribble.

I would suggest that you keep that in mind..... say what you want of the ski resorts... and spend less time

insulting each other this year. They aren't going to bother reading here much if it always sounds like South Park.

I was told by JFBB management about this FORUM so you should know they do read some of this dribble.

Oh shit really? That is one hot tip, this was our little secret, I can't believe they read it.

Oh wait, if you had actually been here during a season you would know they post in here and we respond to them. The reality is most people complain we rep JFBB too much

All I said was they sold too many lift tickets for an opening of just ONE hill.

It's called the white ribbon of death for a reason, what do you think Loveland looks like right now?

I would suggest that you keep that in mind..... say what you want of the ski resorts... and spend less time

insulting each other this year. They aren't going to bother reading here much if it always sounds like South Park.

If anything I would say we sound like Sarah Silverman because we are incessantly bitching about every little problem we see.

Edited by Method9455

BB opening was awesome... First one to open, skiers, boarders, racers, park rats, and free riders all using that little bit of vert together with no problems because everyone was just happy to be out there that early...

Dude this year stay the fuck home and it'll be one less person on that line that the rest of us won't have to wait for...

I can't tell if your angry or stoked. As far as selling as many tickets as they did I thought it was fine. It was an awesome time and for the most part I think I can say everyone had fun. If park isnt your thing maybe going to boulder on opening day isnt something for you..

spend less time

insulting each other this year.

Can't take the heat get outa the kitchen... Messages boards in general have a reputation for being overly critical. Old news that people seem to grow a set as soon as then sit down at the keyboard. Well written and thought out posts might be taken seriously. Anything else will receive the same reception that yours did.

They aren't going to bother reading here much if it always sounds like South Park.

Great show, bad analogy...

have you ever met anyone that works on hill at boulder? or seen the "wall o motivation"?

they love south park shit. and they feed off hate.

have you ever met anyone that works on hill at boulder? or seen the "wall o motivation"?

they love south park shit. and they feed off hate.

Ha I believe I'm on said wall for all my complaining 2 years back. I don't care what makes them tick, they put out a great park so if us complaining in any way helps further that, I'm stoked.

hahahaha ah yes the wall of motivation.. funny how they take PASR so personally when they are so well known on the park scene. BB park has been very successful with meeting the demand to get anything open and open early.

News flash.. I bet most of those kids skiing on that opening day have probably also skied on carpet with ghetto drops ins and are stoked for that too!

Here is something for the OP all the rest of you ignore hahaha.. Watch this video..

One early opening + One hill + multiple jibs + 3/4 the Mid/North Atlantic ski and board population = The most progressive and greatest time of riding I have ever experienced. Im sure that speaks for most people on here.

Haha my avatar is a picture from the first day of the story I just spoke of.

Edited by Rodeo Steve