Need Help

njskierbrig

Hi i been skiing for about 5 years and was wondering what kind of skiis would be good for me. I ride bear creek the most and i was looking for an all mountain ski good for both park and the diamonds in the poconoes. I am 5'3 and weigh 135. So i was wondering like what brand or modle ski with an afornabler price range price range would be good.

Thanks

Hi i been skiing for about 5 years and was wondering what kind of skiis would be good for me. I ride bear creek the most and i was looking for an all mountain ski good for both park and the diamonds in the poconoes. I am 5'3 and weigh 135. So i was wondering like what brand or modle ski with an afornabler price range price range would be good.

Thanks

check out the k2 silencer. its only 299, rips all mountain for a lighter rider, and is stable enough for anything you're going to encounter in the park. a lot of k2's pros were actually riding this ski as their park ski the past few years.

check out the k2 silencer. its only 299, rips all mountain for a lighter rider, and is stable enough for anything you're going to encounter in the park. a lot of k2's pros were actually riding this ski as their park ski the past few years.

I'd second that K2 makes a great all mountain ski and you can't go wrong at that price.

Thanks i was looking at them i ust wanted to see if anyone else was going to recemend them, Know what do i look for in bindings?

id say the salmomon z10. its sick i have it on my k2s and on my atomics now. im a little heavier/taller than you but not much its sick i really like it.

Check out the Look PX12 or Marker Griffon for binding options. I've never been a huge fan of Salomon bindings for park skiing after seeing a TON of issues with various things on them. I'll be spending my first year on the Markers this year so don't have personal experience, but have heard nothing but positive things about them.

yea k2 Public Enemy is perfect, specially if you mount it like -1 or -2. Silencer is like a cheaper version of the PE with small tip and tail width and waist i think. Marker Griffon mite be a lil expensive for u idk. Maybe like a Marker 11 Freestyle or Look px12s

yea k2 Public Enemy is perfect, specially if you mount it like -1 or -2. Silencer is like a cheaper version of the PE with small tip and tail width and waist i think. Marker Griffon mite be a lil expensive for u idk. Maybe like a Marker 11 Freestyle or Look px12s

why would you mount it back?

if anything, go +1 or +2.

my bad i meant +1 or +2, hit the wrong key.

I originally had them mounted +1 and then had it changed to center last season,Lost all of the all mountain aspect of the ski. My friend has silencers n they are lighter and softer than the PE

Edited by Andreas

Alright I have been doing some reasearch and found another ski that was getting great reviews and i was wondering if anyone have heard of it before. It is the Dynastar Nothing But Trouble 08 modle and seems to have a little bit better review then the k2 silencers. Any thoughts thanks.

sorry man idk anything about the Dynastars except that Steve Stepp used to ride them before he got sponsered by amplid.

that really has no useful information about them.

anyway, PM TMaki or KevinThomas. I'm pretty sure Trev rides them and KT is sponsored by Dynastar so they could both give you the good word about them. not to mention that KT works in a ski shop and knows what he is talking about.

just an fyi...

with regards to the PE/extreme/silencer, mounting +1 or +2 in no way makes them ski worse all mountain. i've skied them at traditional, +3, +5, +7.5 and centered, and for all mountain skiing, your best bet is +5 to +7.5, anything less than that and the ski feels very sluggish in my opinion.