Socks?

lilpeterr

Well last year I bought these Ride Anthem Boots in a size 8. Well over the time span My feet grew to a 8.5 or 9. I was thinking about wearing socks that were super thin so the boot fits me better. Does it matter if my socks are thin and up to my ankle? Or thinking in buying some burton Emblem socks. Is it okay to wear no socks? And go barefoot?

Edited by lilpeterr

Well last year I bought these Ride Anthem Boots in a size 8. Well over the time span My feet grew to a 8.5 or 9. I was thinking about wearing socks that were super thin so the boot fits me better. Does it matter if my socks are thin and up to my ankle? Or thinking in buying some burton Emblem socks.

What next?! You probably need a smaller hat from your brain shrinking!

a lot of hockey players wear no socks. grew up playing with lots of them. always worked fine. you are however more prone to blisters.

check out point 6 socks, they are freaking sweet. here is a link to their snowboard socks, they have a "thin" pair, but i don't know how thin they actually are. they have socks for other activities that might be thinner. either way they are all merino wool so your feet are guaranteed to stay warm and dry even if they are thin:

http://www.point6.com/men-s/men-s-socks/sn...ingMens-p1.html

a lot of hockey players wear no socks. grew up playing with lots of them. always worked fine. you are however more prone to blisters.

check out point 6 socks, they are freaking sweet. here is a link to their snowboard socks, they have a "thin" pair, but i don't know how thin they actually are. they have socks for other activities that might be thinner. either way they are all merino wool so your feet are guaranteed to stay warm and dry even if they are thin:

http://www.point6.com/men-s/men-s-socks/sn...ingMens-p1.html

I agree, no ankle socks. If you look at the back of the boot there is a heel cup that holds your foot down on toeside turns, ankle socks will be right in line with that and it will be really annoying. Can you do it? Sure. Will it be fun? No.

Thin socks will work. I've never ridden with no socks but it doesn't seem like a good idea if you want to avoid atheletes foot. If I remember correctly aren't the Anthemn's single stich and you can't remove the liner? They do give you those drying things to put in there but still, just go with a thin sock. I have no recommendations on socks, I just pick up whatever is on sale. I have some Euro's and some Burtons and they're all fine.

I'm not sure if switching socks will appreciably change it. If it is somewhere specific that is bothering you like a big toe, you can take it to a shop and they have a little pneumatic cylinder they put inside and you can stretch certain points out so it is less of a problem. A half size bigger is not that hard to get done.

The skate is more responsive and actually locks the heal better, though they will reek in about 5 mins.

I know people that swear by silk, never tried it but I bet they could be comfy.