How do you get ice rink snow?

julz m

A shovel and pickup truck. They cut the ice many times a day and dump the zamboni usually every 3-4 cuts. Once the weather starts cooling off the piles start to stay around longer.

Although a bunch of rinks dump their ice inside so they can filter and reuse some of the water.

A shovel and pickup truck. They cut the ice many times a day and dump the zamboni usually every 3-4 cuts. Once the weather starts cooling off the piles start to stay around longer.

Although a bunch of rinks dump their ice inside so they can filter and reuse some of the water.

you guys usually ride bear right? the rink on i think 100 or 222 on the way to reading at some sports complex thing usually melts their shavings, but if you call them, they'll be glad to just dump it right in the bed of the truck for you.

well all the ice arenas around me dump it all outside...so it must not be against...but i go to the one off of macarther road in whitehall...they have piles all over the place

It depends where the runoff from the melting ice ends up...If it filters through soil then it's not a problem, if it ends up in a storm drain that runs to a creek, river, lake or ocean then it's a problem.