Snow Making at Blue

Rodeo Steve

The main web page now says "Get ready for winter. Blue is making snow"

The conditions page says "Blue Mountain is taking advantage of the cold temps and will continue to make snow when possible."

What's the web cam pointed at, the new tent?

That's Main Street and they always focus on Main Street in the beginning. Lazy Mile will likely open up during the second week if the weather stays cold, but I think last year they opened Lazy Mile the first day?

Makes sense to me. I'm sure it's a lot cheaper to run the double lifts in terms of energy costs then the 4 or 6 pack.

It's also cheaper for them to just operate out of the Summit lodge instead of both lodges..but..with the forecast..maybe they'll have the 6-pack running opening day..by now they probably have enough snow down on Midway, MainStreet, Easy Out and Vista to move to Lazy Mile and then the falls and homestretch..

Why would it be any different this year. It's always good to be optimistic but I doubt we'll see the 6-pack running opening day.

I already did..so now since you're a Camelback fanboy..are you going to keep hating on Blue????

This season is alot colder earlier than in the past...but it is Blue..opening day will most likely be a 10 foot base on Main Street and maybe Lazy Mile with all the other runs brown..but maybe just maybe the snowmakers are spreading out..

Idk with the shitass management they'll probably spend all their money on complementary hot chocolate for the tubing tent instead of blowing more snow earlier

The 'Back Side -- I'm baaack and we're opening

Bring it, bring it, bring it. Get your skis shined up and grab a stick of juicy-fruit because Camelback is dropping the flag on the 2008-2009 Winter Season.

This Friday, November 21, 2008, yes, this snow-blessed Friday, Camelback is setting up rails down at the Tubing Park and will be open to jib, jab, huck and float from 3pm to 8pm.

Want more?

How

The 'Back Side -- I'm baaack and we're opening

Bring it, bring it, bring it. Get your skis shined up and grab a stick of juicy-fruit because Camelback is dropping the flag on the 2008-2009 Winter Season.

This Friday, November 21, 2008, yes, this snow-blessed Friday, Camelback is setting up rails down at the Tubing Park and will be open to jib, jab, huck and float from 3pm to 8pm.

Want more?

How

I already did..so now since you're a Camelback fanboy..are you going to keep hating on Blue????

Huh? I don't hate Blue. I'll just be spending more time and money at Camelback. If and when Blue gets back to putting the skier first then I will be there more. I have spent a lot of money at Blue over the years and I think I'm entitled to my opinion.

Any opening day rumors..it's cool that they're blowing on Tuts lane..I wonder if they're blowing snow on Skytop..Blue needs an interactive map on their website which says which runs they're blowing snow on..it looks like tonight will be the coldest night so far. Going down into the teens up the the Poconos..serious stoke!!!!!!

Day after Thanksgiving.