Saturday...11-22-08

phillycore

Left Brookhaven at 8am for the 110 mile trip to BB with my 13y/o son

Pulled into the already packed parking lot at 9:45am booted up, got in the ticket line and headed straight to the left for the lift.

Pretty much just lapped Bunny Schuss all day with my son as he's a total noob.

I made 4-5 trips down snowdrift or boulder park whatever the hell it's called..

Screwed around in the tree area at the top but I missed a turn somewhere and couldn't find the line I was looking for so I just said screw it and went down the regular trail...lol

I dunno what crack I was smoking or whatever on that run, but whatever...

No falls today from me, like 4-6 by my son... I was pretty much just gaping along today though...

I never even bothered going over to little boulder or freedom today...honestly just didn't feel like walking, skating, or pushing over there after skiing it last night.

They had all the guns blazing and it was a balmy 19 degrees out so the manmade pow was sticking to the goggles like crazy...

We bolted out after 18 runs around 1pm a little earlier than planned due to my son being cold and me getting bored..

Saw LibRider in the parking lot... Matt Reynard early in the liftline, and I think Justin as well but I was on the lift.

Think I heard someone yell Phillycore from above me on the lift but I didn't see who it was...

The snow on boulder park was nice and bunny schuss is a fun run when it's not jammed with people.

For the amount of people there they did a hell of a job keeping the lift lines damn near non existant...

Mad props to BB...

I showed up with dw2430. Parked my car. Stayed in my car . Looked at how they had the Guns ON and said FUCK THIS. Drove 20mins home and played tecmo superbowl and xgames snowboarding.

Fuck you BB , running the guns while open when its below 20 with wind. How nice.

this was at 10am btw

Edited by poop

I showed up with dw2430. Parked my car. Stayed in my car . Looked at how they had the Guns ON and said FUCK THIS. Drove 20mins home and played tecmo superbowl and xgames snowboarding.

Fuck you BB , running the guns while open when its below 20 with wind. How nice.

this was at 10am btw

yea, it pisses me off when ski resorts make snow too.

Same as Phillycore, I left my house around 8am and pulled in around 9:30 and got prepped for the day. Unlike some people here, I actually saw the guns running and got excited.

I did my first run down the outer run, I don't know it's name. It's the one next to Boulder Park. Proceeded back down, and I guess BB had some bad planning because they didn't open up that lift until 10:30 or something. The Lift Attendants blabbed something about the groomers being on the trail, but that was obviously wrong. I primarily skied Boulder park. Skied for about 2 hours until I jammed my thumb and it wrecked the mood for the day and skied one more run. My thumb was in too much pain.

If my GPS was correct, I skied roughly 2,800-3,100ft of Vertical. I brought along my bike computer for the day. It is GPS based, so it'll do elevation, mapping, speed, and also has a heart rate monitor.

Linkie-> http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7187205

Overall, for being the first day of the season ... I would say it was pretty good, I definetly need to update my iPod with the ski mix I created last season. The current mix isn't cutting it.

I'll be back up tomorrow at 10am sharp.

this was at 10am btw

That's weak... even my noob 13 y/o son braved the temps and snow guns for some Nov. slope time..

Tickets were $25.... plenty worth it guns blazin or not...

Gotta fire the guns up whenever possible IMO....

Techmo superbowl. come on.... WEAK.... play that crap when it's 75 degrees and raining it's ass off.

That's weak... even my noob 13 y/o son braved the temps and snow guns for some Nov. slope time..

Tickets were $25.... plenty worth it guns blazin or not...

Gotta fire the guns up whenever possible IMO....

Techmo superbowl. come on.... WEAK.... play that crap when it's 75 degrees and raining it's ass off.

i have a season pass and go all the time. i was there thursday anyway so mehhhh . I'm going back sunday morn to try again .

And TECMO is ALWAYS AWESOME .

yah the snow on the goggles killed me...so did the ice on the first box in freedom my knee is 2x the size of a normal knee but i'll be at bear tomrrow:D green burton jacket, black dome, green goggles, black pants, and a rome agent

Edited by JibHonk

Had a great time yesterday. Took some warm up laps through Freedom, then it got too crowded. I went over to Bunny Schuss and Boulder Park the rest of the morning. Really nice job on the snowmaking. Saw a PASR sticker on one of the chairs. haha Had to roll a little early, and I think I saw Matt in the parking lot as I was heading out..... Regardless, it's great to be on the snow in November. Looking forward to Blue next weekend.

this was at 10am btw

The guns were annoying but really they weren't that bad. I only noticed them on the lift ride up really. Besides, its the first weekend of the official season, how could you pass it up