Park updates

Another Wall

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good job on the jumps they were fun and good for this early in the year the hike park was good too. the only suggestion i would have is to make the lip of the second a little bit steeper so you meet up with the landing a little better. i was very impressed good job

I hope they get the guns pumping the next couple of nights. I would love to spend the day there friday. If warm water is a major problem for not making snow, why don't they run it through some type of ratiator system before it gets to the guns.? Wouldn't the cold air help lower the temp so maybe they could run the guns all day on a marginal day?

I hope they get the guns pumping the next couple of nights. I would love to spend the day there friday. If warm water is a major problem for not making snow, why don't they run it through some type of ratiator system before it gets to the guns.? Wouldn't the cold air help lower the temp so maybe they could run the guns all day on a marginal day?

i know blue does that at their upper pond. they basically have a bunch of sprinklers in the pond to expose more surface area of the water to colder temps to cool it down quicker. i'm really curious to hear what the park was like today. i'm planning on riding tomorrow, and if bear is still in good shape, i'd rather head there than boulder since its so much closer to me.

Everything in the park is still sick and the jump line is probably the most legit pre december jump line to ever hit PA. It was a little hard and getting a little icey tonight, but tomorrow everything should be super nice, Im pretty sure andy is gonna groom it all out and stuff, its def worth it to hit up from 3-8

Everything in the park is still sick and the jump line is probably the most legit pre december jump line to ever hit PA. It was a little hard and getting a little icey tonight, but tomorrow everything should be super nice, Im pretty sure andy is gonna groom it all out and stuff, its def worth it to hit up from 3-8

the jump line sure was icey, my tailbone agrees bigtime. yeah those are nice jumps and so far everything looks to be holding up

It was another disappointing night for snowmaking last night. With forecast lows between 25 and 27 and actual lows of 32 with 88% humidity we were unable to make snow.

We are currently one good night of snowmaking away from opening three trails from the top of the mountain. Looking at the forecast, there is a possibility of snowmaking on Friday and Saturday nights. When we fire up again we will begin making snow on the entire mountain.

To answer Rowsdower's question, we have made snow on quite a few Thanksgiving's, unfortunately, tonight's predicted lows are now up to 31F. The guys will all be checking in around 7pm to make sure nothing has changed, but it looks like they may get the night off.

Until snowmaking temperatures arrive, we will continue to operate with the hike park and tubing park jump line. The hours will be:

Friday