Goggles

ColoradoHigh

I need new goggles this year. I want goggles with a removable lens, so I can put a clear lens in for cloudy days/night skiing, and a dark lens for sunny days.

What do you guys suggest? Best brands? Where to buy them? Cheap prices?

if youre looking for a really good deal, check out the oakley outlet at the philadelphia premium outlets...my sister and dad just picked up A frames there for 50$ each

What kind? Does Oakley offer goggles with different lenses?

I actually have some goggles for sale that might interest you. They are both brand new Native Eyewear goggles that come with two sets of lenses, one for low light and one for daytime. The lenses are super easy to change due to a hinge mechanism, and the day lens is actually polarized.

check them out at http://www.rei.com/search?cat=40004356&amp...CNative+Eyewear

I have one pair of each model. The siege is for larger faces, the mission is for smaller faces. The Mission fits a lot like the Smith Phenoms.

I'll let them go for $80 a piece.

<plug>

Zeal Optics

http://www.zealoptics.com/

Screw changing lenses. Get a pair of Zeal Goggles, and they change for you. The only company to make polychromatic polarized lenses. They are also bomb proof. My buddy handed me a pair a few weeks back and told me to try and break them. Didn't even come close. I can get you 25% off. Let me know.

</plug>

Edited by nick malozzi

I def dig their photography!

sm5830_bz1_native.jpg

I'll need to shoot that pic over to my buddy at Zeal, they are slacking on that front.

Almost all their photography was customer submitted. They used to be based about three miles from my house, but were recently bought out by Costa del Mar and I think they moved the whole operation down to Florida. Not sure how they are doing their photos now. Kind of a bummer because I used to be able to go do warranty stuff on my lunch break.

i have oakley a-frames, and wisdoms, and I like the a-frames much more. The lenses are replaceable, and if you are patient, a-frames pop up on tramdock every once in a while for about 35 bucks, compared to the 99+ they cost at ski shops

Definately true. I have had good luck with my Anon Figments & Oakleys.

Watch here for good deals on either http://www.cleansnipe.com/

<plug>

Zeal Optics

http://www.zealoptics.com/

Screw changing lenses. Get a pair of Zeal Goggles, and they change for you. The only company to make polychromatic polarized lenses. They are also bomb proof. My buddy handed me a pair a few weeks back and told me to try and break them. Didn't even come close. I can get you 25% off. Let me know.

</plug>

So you couldn't break them, but what about actually using them? They look pretty sweet, but I'd like to know how quickly they actually change. I used to have color change lenses back in the day for my glasses and they were the worst. Once they darkened up they would take forever to turn back clear. That was several years ago though, I would hope the technology is a little better these days.

So you couldn't break them, but what about actually using them? They look pretty sweet, but I'd like to know how quickly they actually change. I used to have color change lenses back in the day for my glasses and they were the worst. Once they darkened up they would take forever to turn back clear. That was several years ago though, I would hope the technology is a little better these days.

We were testing them by walking out of his apartment and onto his second story deck on a perfectly clear day in boulder. The change is practically instant. They went from clear to the darkest they get in what seemed like under a second. We then tested them against my IS Designs Type Rs that were top of the line 3yrs ago, a pair of Dragons, and a mid Range Oakley (name is escaping me). We looked right into the sun glare coming off the cars out front, and the Zeal's easily eliminated 50% or more of the glare (probably more then that, but I can safely say 50% without feeling like I am exaggerating).

My only real complaint with them is the color options. Most of them are black/white when it comes down to it, and the few colors they make have a tribal print I'm not so keen on. If they put out a brown pair similar to my Type Rs, I'd be in heaven. That is why I keep bugging my buddy to tell his boss, haha.

At any rate, I'll be rocking a color I'm not 100% stoked on, but the goggle will more then make up for it. Not to mention Zeal has been very good to me in terms of free stuff. So I'll keep promoting them by wearing them.

Edited by nick malozzi

My dad has the Zeal goggles. I tried them on, and they don't fit at all. I asked my dad how they work in terms of transitions, and he said it doesn't actually transition. Not to mention, they are PRICEY.

Any other suggestions? What other lenses are there that are good for low light settings, but also good for very bright and sunny days?

My dad has the Zeal goggles. I tried them on, and they don't fit at all. I asked my dad how they work in terms of transitions, and he said it doesn't actually transition. Not to mention, they are PRICEY.

Any other suggestions? What other lenses are there that are good for low light settings, but also good for very bright and sunny days?

Well that is like saying you tried on one Burton boot and don't like any of them. They have i think 3 different Men's specific models, and 1 or 2 unisex models. All with varying fit. His probably don't transition because he probably bought a pair without Polychromatic lenses in them. They aren't that expensive when you factor in buying another lens for another brand, and the fact that I can get you a discount.

But hey, suite yourself.

Edited by nick malozzi

JMO here.

I used to have both Smithy and Scott goggles for years... ended up with the realization that their lower end goggles were total shit..

Never tried any of their higher end ones...

Then I went to Oakley wisdoms... I liked these a lot and still own two pairs... They are however expensive and the older ones with the platic clips instead of the rubber ones do not fit helmets very well..

This season along with the wisdoms I got a tip on a pair of Giro Root goggles that were selling at TJ Maxx for $25.

I figured after the reviews on them (AZ) that I had to at least try them for $25

After 3 days use in varied weather including night skiing I have to say that they freaking kick major ass..

They are very simaler to the oakley crowbars (which also come highly reccomended) and came with a gold boost lens that IMO might not be the

greatest for an extremely bright day (I have fire lens oakley's for those rare occasions here in the east) but other than the rare perfect bluebird day (again east coast) these are some serious kick butt goggles..

FWIW.... I tried to go back to the TJ Maxx and pick up another pair as well (I'm a gear whore..so what) but all they had left were Bolle somethign or others...

which my son purchased for himself but I have not tried them yet..

Well that is like saying you tried on one Burton boot and don't like any of them. They have i think 3 different Men's specific models, and 1 or 2 unisex models. All with varying fit. His probably don't transition because he probably bought a pair without Polychromatic lenses in them. They aren't that expensive when you factor in buying another lens for another brand, and the fact that I can get you a discount.

But hey, suite yourself.

A discount? How much of one.

PhillyCore, I'll check those goggles out.

I don't even understand why you ask for product advise and people waste their time giving it to you. You have never followed a suggestion that we've given you and in the end you've always shafted yourself.

That being said, you should get some of these.

atomefabrikGoggles.jpg

They are good in ALL light conditions due to lens that swap out with a few easy bolts, they obviously fit great and are super adjustable, you will never have to replace them because they are indestructible, and they provide maximum protection which will make your mom and dad happy knowing you are safe.