Peak n Peak TR 12-2-08

Tyler

so on kinda late notice tonight my friend and i decided to make a trip up to peak n peak tonight. they have reported 51 inches of snow in the past 2 weeks, and its true. with a foot and a half the last 2 days we couldnt resist. it took us about an hour and a half from school, and we got up there and were on the snow at 6:40ish.

first of all, the place is in a pretty cool area, kinda an old school little town with a big lake near the base. the mountain has some ski in/out condos at the top too. the amount of snow they had up there was rediculous, i'm talking piles 10 feet high from november snow storms. anyway the mountain was loaded with snow, atleast a foot and in some spots almost 2 of untouched powder everywhere. some of the best i've ever ridden. the snow was really fast and light and purely awesome.

crowds were non existant, didnt have to wait in a lift line all night. peak n peak runs their non detachable lifts faster than anywhere else ive ever ridden, and we mainly lapped a triple chair the whole time. the mountain has some pretty cool terrain, especially with alot of snow. there were plenty of woods to be had and even a couple cliffs to huck. no trails were especially steep, but all had pretty decent pitch, enough to duck into the deep snow and get some face shots.

anyway we took close to 25 runs by the time 10 oclock rolled around. i hit the little park once, it was the only one they had open with just a few boxes and a couple bonks. nothing worth the time. overall we had a blast, and i havent ridden that much snow in a looonnnggg time. lake effect snow rocks. im headed back up there saturday for more.

unfortunately i forgot my camera, i snapped some with my cell phone, but it was at night so who knows. i'll email them to myself tomorrow sometime and post them up. definetly a fun trip, and if anyone is ever in the lake erie area its worth stopping by. peace.

Nice! I've been to Peak n Peak once like ten years ago probably. We did a Peak n Peak and Holiday Valley trip. I wasn't old enough at the time, but I've heard that the town where Holiday Valley is, Elicottville, is like the Vail of New York. Bars and restaurants all up and down its main street along with some cool ski and board shops.

yeah i'll be up at holiday valley a few times this season, i'll make sure to get some pics. and i'll bring my camera to peak n peak saturday to try and get some. it really is a fun little mountain, i cant wait to go back.

I've heard good things about this place from some friends from Erie. What kind of Vert does Peek'n Peak have? Didn't really look all that tall and the website doesn't mention anything.

im not totally sure either, i'd give it around 700 ft

yeah i'll be up at holiday valley a few times this season, i'll make sure to get some pics. and i'll bring my camera to peak n peak saturday to try and get some. it really is a fun little mountain, i cant wait to go back.

try to avoid holiday valley on the weekends if you can....massive crowds

Holiday valley is a lot steeper than peak n peek but the snow is usually horrible. Ellicottville is very nice, especially compared to the poor Indian/Hick lands that it borders