Looking for advice on a new snowboard

PAsnwboardr

So i'm in need of a new snowboard. However, i don't know know which one to get. My old snowboard is a 158cm 06 Burton Clash. Its nothing special but it is in pretty rough shape. I have never shopped for a snowboard because the one I had before my brother gave me for my b-day. I just need some people's advice on what snowboard to get or what's worked well for you. I'm looking to spend around $300-500 on just the board. I'm guessing I need a all mountain freeride board since I typically ride about 60% trails and 40% terrain park. I'm just taking my old bindings off the old board. I'm not sure what size to get either, i'm 5'10 and weigh 165 lbs. Any advice would help me

Edited by PAsnwboardr

Probably don't need a 158 if you're only 165, look for something low 150s, that'll help you out in the park department.

I wouldn't go any smaller then a 154. JMO.

He is pretty much the same size as me. I rode a 154 back east, and pretty much rode 60% trails 40% park. Anything smaller then 154 is going to be fun in the park, but not so fun for him everywhere else. I ride a 156 now that I'm out west, and I'm thinking about 158 for my next board, but I'm never in the park these days. Correct me if I'm mistaken on any of this, but I'm just basing this off what I ride/rode.

Army Navy FTW.

I wouldn't go any smaller then a 154. JMO.

Anything smaller then 154 is going to be fun in the park, but not so fun for him everywhere else

I float around 170lbs and i ride a 152 (rome agent) just fine. I can bomb diamonds and it is perfectly stable and carves just fine. Obviously, at 165lbs i'd be perfectly fine with riding a board smaller than 154...but maybe riding style/ability plays a part. I also have a 148 that can handle it's own just fine...k2 WWW.

I picked up an 07 Salomon Drift 156 for this season on discount and LOVE it. It rides great. The equalizer side cut holds edge great and its pretty light and easy to maneuver. I dont ride park at all really, just started, but it is definately better than the last board I had, check it out. Good Luck Searching

I picked up an 07 Salomon Drift 156 for this season on discount and LOVE it. It rides great. The equalizer side cut holds edge great and its pretty light and easy to maneuver. I dont ride park at all really, just started, but it is definately better than the last board I had, check it out. Good Luck Searching

I ride Salomon.. Salomon FTW

Two other good all around boards are the K2 Jibpan and the K2 Darkstar. The Jibpan is a little stiffer than the darkstar. I have both and yesterday and was my first day on the Darkstar and I liked it , have not had the chance to take it in the park yet but it was fun on groomers. Both handle all mountain but the Darkstars softer flex would probably be better in the park and the Jibpan better on the rest of the mountain. This years Jibpan has a shorter nose and tail so you can drop down your board size 5 cm without losing any effective edge. So a 153 Jibpan will ride like a 158 which is a good option if you want a short board that will still hold a good edge elsewhere.

Definitely look at the Jibpan, i took one for a few runs, the board was awesome.

If your looking at a Rome Agent, i have a 156 that im trying to unload if you interested. It's last years model, and it's only been ridden twice. Just something to think about

Definitely look at the Jibpan, i took one for a few runs, the board was awesome.

If your looking at a Rome Agent, i have a 156 that im trying to unload if you interested. It's last years model, and it's only been ridden twice. Just something to think about

What year Jibpan did you ride? I am looking to here from someone that rode this years. I know they softened it up a bit for this year and am wondering how much. The reason I went with the Darkstar over the Jibpan this year is b/c in years past the Jibpan was a semi stiff board and I wanted something softer for the park. I rode the Jibpan all last year in the park and it does well in there I just prefer something a little softer in the park. It is a great board though and truly is an all mountain type of board, you can definitely take it anywhere.

I rode this years Jibpan. I was on an Agent that day, and compared to the Agent the Jibpan was way stiffer. I really liked it though, Im not really sure how great it'd be on rails since it is so stiff, but definitely an awesome all around board.