12-7 BB

phillycore

No pics... just another blah blah blah TR here...

Left Brookhaven at 6am en route to Big Boulder along with my eldest son.

Hit up the WaWa for a 24oz French Vanilla Coffee with splenda, my son got a powerade and a entemans cheese danish.

Roads were clear all the way up to BB.... nothing out of the ordinary.

Pulled into the lot and snagged a spot in the front row like normal reading on the car temp said 24 degrees.

Booted up, got my ticket and one for my son and headed out to tackle the 8 trails they had open..

I was on my 9th ward firstbloods and my son on his PE's.

Started off lapping love park for the first 5 runs as my son was not comfortable on his PE's yet.

Snow was smooth cord groomed to JFBB standards of course sans any death cookies.

After lapping love park I moved over to Boulder trail while my son took on Bunny Schuss/Bunny Elbow.

After 4-5 runs I saw my son on Boulder Trail while I was riding the lift and he waited for me at the bottom.

We skied Boulder trail together about 2 times then moved over to Bunny Schuss together for 2 more trips.

The snow on Bunny Schuss was nice but there were some windblown areas with exposed hardpack.

My son wanted to attempt snowdrift so we went in from the top and he changed his mind due to the bumps at the top section.

He then skied across back onto boulder trail and I followed him down boulder trail.

On the next liftride up he saw an easier route onto snowdrift which skipped the top tree section where the bumps were.

We skied down boulder trail past the headwall then headed onto snowdrift. It was thin cover with some exposed mini trees on the skiers right side where

we headed down. My son fell on what he claims was a rock, but I have a feeling he went down as it was steeper than he expected it to be.

Back down to the lift and then back over to love park for a few more runs. (I also made a run underneath the lift which was thin cover but really fun)

After love park we headed towards little boulder and skied that once, then freedom park 3 times.

No rails or boxes for me, although I did do the jump twice which was fun. My son rode over the jump on freedom once getting about 1-2 milimeters of air....lol

1-2 more trips down love park...

Ended the day over at Boulder trail / Bunny Schuss..

All in all it was a good cold windy day and probably my last at boulder for a while as JF is supposed to open next weekend... = )~~

I just back...The snow was a downhill racers dream tonight. Lots of windblown hardpack with some chalky man made mixed in. The place was empty so making wide super g turns on Boulder park was extremely fun up until the jump then I had to slam on the brakes. Bunny's elbow was less icy. The best snow was on Love park which I took my final run on which again had no one on it and was great for getting a little speed. Luckily my Volkls can hold a pretty good edge on hardpack or else tonight may not have been as fun as it was. Snow guns were on everywhere. They should have the entire place open real soon.

From the WAWA bags in the parking lot, it looks like you are not the only one hitting it for breakfast - <_< I was third row back.

Nice day on Sunday though, it cleared up pretty quickly and got sunny out. Did some runs and left about 10 after the race team started hitting the slope. Snowdrift was a lot more bumped up than last week, so only tried it a couple of times - wasn't pretty so I lapped Boulder park the rest of the time.

Edited by C1er

From the WAWA bags in the parking lot, it looks like you are not the only one hitting it for breakfast - <_< I was third row back.

Nice day on Sunday though, it cleared up pretty quickly and got sunny out. Did some runs and left about 10 after the race team started hitting the slope. Snowdrift was a lot more bumped up than last week, so only tried it a couple of times - wasn't pretty so I lapped Boulder park the rest of the time.

Wait, the race team started this weekend? My son is signed up for that and they said it wasn't starting until the 13th because they wouldn't do it at BB. I love JFBB but they are lousy communicators.

It looked like just some race kids with their dads running some drills. I didn't see any of the instructors or Jim D there. About 1/2 dozen kids in all, I think. With basically only one slope open, it wouldn't be practical to have the whole team there. Jon is off to college, so I'm on my own this year.

Edited by C1er

I agree that snowdrift was rather bumped up at the top... The run when my son bailed on it, I went down a little bit and decided to just follow my son.

I'm not into the bumps and my firstbloods weren't helping matters any either..

There was WaWa bags in the parking lot?? Some people are just plain slobs...

I just leave my trash in my car until I get home and use the can there if I don't see one close by.