08-09 park conditions report

K2rider

Tyler, 6 park crew members? On a effing weekday ? DAMN

And

they have 4 jumps set up in black bear now???

sexyyyyyyy

put rails on the right or left side of all the take offs so you could use the landings of the jumps for landings of the rails

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE NEW SETUP IS PERFECT. the jump line flows amazing and so do the rails at the bottom. the lip to the rail part of the butter pad could have been cut down and lil less poppy but it didtn really matter. all the jumps are perfect adn the tableish one in the middle is soo sick... overall the park was so good i wanted to keep taking runs even when i was so tired i could have slept on the chair.

Eastern Mountain SPorts are selling $12 lift tickets for this Friday and promoting some kind of event and contest.

Will the jump line be available for anyone to hit and how does it compare to JFBB's?

You think it's worth coming to this event if I have a season pass elsewhere?

Who's going and what's the event going to be like?

Edited by TT C6

Eastern Mountain SPorts are selling $12 lift tickets for this Friday and promoting some kind of event and contest.

Will the jump line be available for anyone to hit and how does it compare to JFBB's?

You think it's worth coming to this event if I have a season pass elsewhere?

Who's going and what's the event going to be like?

I think friday is just a rail jam so i'm thinking it will just be a few rails setup at the bottom of the hill so the jump line will be open. The jumps line in black bear park that everyone is talking about is four small jumps that are real fun followed by a rail/box section. I'm not a big fan of cascade's setup right now but for $12, I would say its deffinatly worth it to hit up bear on friday.

and they have a big hit jumpline open. its off to the right, right before cascade turns back into black bear. and yes for 12 dollars its def. worth it. dont forget to bring bar money. and its a railjam/competion so its a genuine good time... EDIT: dont forget its the wmmr day off on the slopes at jack frost.

Edited by JibHonk

1/8/09-------Just got down from opening the parks. The snow is a little granular right now but the sun is poking through and with a high of 33 today so it should shape up to be a really nice afternoon for riding.

With the EMS jams we like to have one main feature with an ending feature (bonk,bleacher, or stall of some kind). It really gives everyone a chance to get dialed in on one or two things so by the end of the night people are throwing down some serious stuff. We'll be setting up for the jam some point after 10pm tonight so if you want a sneak peak of the set-up check the cams this evening :)

Later!

-Tom-

1/8/09-------Just got down from opening the parks. The snow is a little granular right now but the sun is poking through and with a high of 33 today so it should shape up to be a really nice afternoon for riding.

With the EMS jams we like to have one main feature with an ending feature (bonk,bleacher, or stall of some kind). It really gives everyone a chance to get dialed in on one or two things so by the end of the night people are throwing down some serious stuff. We'll be setting up for the jam some point after 10pm tonight so if you want a sneak peak of the set-up check the cams this evening :)

Later!

-Tom-

open to skiers?

Black Bear has a new jump run, if anyone has not been there since they made it, which was I think Wednesday. The jumps are kind of small, too close together and easy to overshoot, but it could be worse.

well the jumps arent supposed to be big. Thats what the jumps in cascade/ tubing are for. The jumps in black bear are supposed to be small, fun and good to learn stuff on which is exactly what they are. As for being to close, thats not true at all, if your good enough, you can get a really good flow between all 4 of them and its a nice line with good variety of jumps. you can even use the 2'nd jump which is a table top as a hip and still have speed to hit the 3'rd and 4'th jumps.