12/31 Quick Morning Session

AtomicSkier

Rolled into the lower lot at 7:35, took my time booting up and was first in line at 7:50. Only two other people were scanned at 8am, so it wasn't exactly a competition for me to get first chair. Took my first run down Razors. I told myself I'd look before I'd leap, but 1 turn into the top headwall on Razors, and I pointed them downhill :) Awesome snow! Ripped two big GS arcs down the headwall, and then flew into the middle section laying my PE's over as hard as I could. The snow was typical Razor's Edge awesomeness. Got to the bottom, and saw MBike Mike and his son, and told them about Razors. We got to the top, and the race team was itching to close it, but we got another run out of it. Pure awesomeness again. MBike mike was smiling at the bottom. They split off at the top to do Lazy, and I decided to try Challenge. I thought I'd have to look before I leaped again. Not the case. Again, second turn into it, I layed down two huge arcs and then proceeded to arc the whole way down the middle section. Another lift ride up, and I saw Zaldon (Vagina Glenn's younger brother). I did two runs with him, and then split off, as Challenge was getting churned up already. I headed over to do a few laps on Lazy. By my 11th ride, I saw Mbike a few chairs in front of me, and he was heading towards Challenge, so I snuck up behind him on the middle section and let him eat some snow from my twins :) We skied another run down Lazy. I told him at the top, if I made it down this run, I was actually going to make it to Jackson Hole. At the bottom of falls, I threw my arms up, and then I almost ate shit haha, but I made it down :) Conditions were great for the first 4 runs, then quickly deteriorated.

I'll see the Blue Crue sometime the week of the 12th. :)

fun morning chasing after my son - the highlight was definately lettin em run down a silky smooth razors, nice snow on sidewinder and the first few runs down challenge. hopefully they'll get a little natural to mix in with mad sweet and low all over the mountain. happy new year to all and have a good jhole trip

Well, you're not going so what do you have to worry about? ;)

Because you don't just tell people your stashes.

I was up at blue, got there around 11, took 2 runs and bounced. Wind was brutal, could hardly move downhill.

Edited by Dan-

Sucks. There was like 0 wind when I left at 10am.

Yeah, the front seemed to be moving fast. When i got off 22 onto 145, it was snowing hard, but no wind. Closer i got to Blue, the windier it got. Down the bottom it was fine, but on top, it was ridiculous.

no data base just a warning and i wasn't going fast i was carving the trail edge to edge the whole time... ski patrol was just jealous that i can use the whole trail, but once i saw i was going to pass him i was thinking about tucking just for the fun of it...

Could you hear the whistle??? I've been whistled at for slow deliberate turns..the only way to avoid getting whistled at is being in an out of control turkey tuck powerwedge/skidding on a snowboard..and you'll just blend in with everybody else..

Isn't Paradise a good carving trail??? It's a shame you have to do the Pocono shuffle to avoid getting yelled at..unless you're on the race team..then you have carte blanche..

I found if you rocket straight at the patrollers on Paradise and finally slow down right at the absolute last second, the patrollers REALLY will take a liking to you. It shows them how good you are and how good of a sense of humor you have. They'll just give you a wry look and say, "Oh, you...."

Could you hear the whistle??? I've been whistled at for slow deliberate turns..the only way to avoid getting whistled at is being in an out of control turkey tuck powerwedge/skidding on a snowboard..and you'll just blend in with everybody else..

Isn't Paradise a good carving trail??? It's a shame you have to do the Pocono shuffle to avoid getting yelled at..unless you're on the race team..then you have carte blanche..

I'm thinking about putting a big BMR sign on the back of my jacket for that very reason. Anyone think that would work?

first run down lazy around 9 was real lose snow, then took a run down razors which wa eh, it was getting worse everytime i went back up so i hit paradise and encountered no redcoats, was quite nice. The it was off to teaching my little sister how to snowboard for the rest of the day. and the wind was horrible by 1, i took one last run while she got her boots off in the lodge and i barely made it to sidewinder. but overall had fun and im ready to hit up stratton all next week then off to school