What we have all been waiting for...

toast21602

I'd guess the whole part of the trail that's called Dreamweaver. Last I checked the entire new trail was broken into two parts, Dreamweaver is the bottom part, you'll probably enter off of Paradise. The top part is listed as under construction still on their trail map, though it looks like it's just a small headwall flowing into Dreamweaver. Last year an employee told me the bottom part (Dreamweaver) would be intermediate and the top part (Under Construction) would be a black diamond.

More resorts should name trails Under Construction ;)

I'd guess the whole part of the trail that's called Dreamweaver. Last I checked the entire new trail was broken into two parts, Dreamweaver is the bottom part, you'll probably enter off of Paradise. The top part is listed as under construction still on their trail map, though it looks like it's just a small headwall flowing into Dreamweaver. Last year an employee told me the bottom part (Dreamweaver) would be intermediate and the top part (Under Construction) would be a black diamond.

More resorts should name trails Under Construction ;)

correct. is it gonna be good to go at 8 or are they gonna open it randomly at 11:43 or something like switchback today? i'd like to get a run or two on it before the invasion gets there, especially since you need to hit the top half of paradise to get to it.

correct. is it gonna be good to go at 8 or are they gonna open it randomly at 11:43 or something like switchback today? i'd like to get a run or two on it before the invasion gets there, especially since you need to hit the top half of paradise to get to it.

they should wait until 1pm, and make an announcement on the PA that it's gonna open, and wait for a few hundred people to line up for it before lowering the ropes. i'd love to see that clusterfuck.

Im willing to boot up at the lower lodge for this. I'll be there for first chair for sure :)

I ran Paradise earlier today and there was a Red Coat standing near the entrance to Dreamweaver. Looked like he was there to keep people out of it, though I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to try to ski on the basketball-sized ice balls all over it. I asked him if they planned to have it open first thing and he said he thought so but wasnt sure...

you know the dawn may be coming soon - dreamweaver ...love the spacy intro - i'm going to hear that at the top of paradise every run now!

i got an interesting story on the lift about the top half - apparently there are groominng issues at the bottom of the first pitch - concern about not enough room between the uphill quad lift pole and the lower edge of the trail to groom safely or something and theyre trying to figure out a solution short of soending mucho $ to relocte the lift pole...

i got an interesting story on the lift about the top half - apparently there are groominng issues at the bottom of the first pitch - concern about not enough room between the uphill quad lift pole and the lower edge of the trail to groom safely or something and theyre trying to figure out a solution short of soending mucho $ to relocte the lift pole...

Hah, did we ride the quad together today? I got the exact same story while riding the lift...

Took 6 runs down it yesterday. Great trail, a little short. the connection with Paradise on the bottom is crazy....

newbies were sitting right at the edge trying to take pictures of friends coming down paradise... right in the way of people flying down dreamweaver... wtf people. lol.

in the eve, the section into dreamweaver was all scrapped off....

took a run down breakback, er.. switch back... not one ounce of snow, pure scrapped of hardpack... pretty scary. lol.. dont think my skis ever pushed that hard to grip into the ice.