Jack Frost - 1-17 PASR Day

RidgeRacer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad I had to leave early, but it was fun this morning, nice to meet everyone, and I'm proud to say I hit the highest speed of the morning with my slowest skis...53mph :)

Wait... I thought your speed was 51 not 53?

Here comes the pissing match...

Gaper?

Considering I ski once a week (maybe) on 2-3 year old 1080 Twin tips, only when the weather and conditions are perfect, and the radar gun has a + or - 1 MPH accuracy, my 52 MPH pass wasn't to bad. I don't own FAST skis so I can't really compare on how they would perform, maybe next year.

This sounds like a game of pool where the player blames his cue. :P

It Ain't the arrow, it's the archer...maaaaannnnn.

I'll end the pissing match now. Since it was down hill with a stiff wind and Mars was in line with Venus , I'd say the radar gun was off for both of us. Your speed was really 54 and my speed was really 51. Solved.

I also figured that I should mention that when I was holding the radar gun to go and clock others (and fell) I clocked myself at 55 MPH on my "fast ass spider pants".

So there :lol

What's scary about Floyds according to the ski patrollers is that if you catch an edge you might eat bark...

Timber, man, TIMBER!!! Get it right.

i wish i could have made it up for this.

Yeah, GSS getting his groove on was priceless...

i was in the parking lot at 8:30 and 11:30...otherwise wasn't me ;)

Do you drive a black bmw with a roof rack on top? And two pairs of skis? Becausee if you do then I saw you. I was in a ford edge in the row facing away from the mountain in the first lot

The PASR bunch always waits for the slower people on PASR days. I know because I am always the slowest person and the "boys" always wait for me.

I too like the whole laid back atmosphere of the PASR days. I'm not out there to prove that I have the biggest balls. I ski to have fun and for me that doesn't require high speeds, huge amounts of runs, double blacks, etc. That's kind of good too considering that I can't do any of that stuff anyway. Haha.

I hereby promise that we won't leave you next time. That was pretty heinous but we didn't look hard for you cause I thought that you might have had to bail for the race stuff. Ugh.

Edited by sexkitten

Hey All,

After lunch Librider pointed TTC6 to me..and I followed him down one-park..he used the lips onto rails as jumps which is bad smartstyle. He seemed totally uninterested in riding with any of us..so then it was back to Floyds folly for one more speed run.

thats a huge no-no in the park.

Correct me if I'm wrong but 10 idiots skiing around the park features in order to catch someone who wants nothing to do with them is also a no-no. Haha.

as long as they are skiing around them, not over them, and making sure they are out of the way of people who are using the features, then its fine. i know parents who come in the park to watch some of the kids that i ski with and they know not to do anything stupid. its the people who dont know how to use the features the right way or people who dont have "smart style" that ruin it for all of us.

thats a huge no-no in the park.

So tell us, Toast.

WHY is it a no-no ??

Camping out on a feature or a landing is bad because it can cause avoidable collisions.

But, don't tell me that hitting a lip with both speed and and an ollie is a "no-no" because it's not cool or some people don't approve.

You better have a LEGITMATE reason if you are going to publicly complain and criticize.

you know that lips are used for rails and jumps are used for jumping. you are old enough to know the difference.

You were asked a LEGITIMATE question.

Now, give us a LOGICAL answer.

lips are for the features not jump practice.

You too, Dave

Give a legitimate reason why and back it up with some logic.

Do you drive a black bmw with a roof rack on top? And two pairs of skis? Becausee if you do then I saw you. I was in a ford edge in the row facing away from the mountain in the first lot

It was probably around 9:30 that you saw me (when I was booting up?) But ya, dark blue bmw w/ a roof rack rocking the K2 PE's and Atomic SL:12s :lol:

Toast will give a good reason and for now..time to make some Popcorn..

i gave my good reason. the truth.

you know that lips are used for rails and jumps are used for jumping. you are old enough to know the difference.

if you want a logical, legitimate, accredited, researched answer, blah blah blah... go to www.newschoolers.com, start a topic about it, and dig your own grave.

i gave my good reason. the truth.

One last chance toast before I wrap up this debate.

Give me a LOGICAL reason on why it's wrong to hit the lip of a rail with BOTH speed and an ollie. (cause, effect, ect)

Example:

Sitting on jump landings is dangerous because it can cause collisions because people sitting on landings cannot be seen by those hitting the jump until they are in the air and unable to make corrections to avoid hitting the person on a landing.

Your turn.

Edited by TT C6

dude. i gave you an answer, and i gave you a source. you can't ask for much more than that. you want a better answer? do some research.

Blue on the 15th sounds like the best bet.

OK .

Debate is OVER.

You can't give a logical answer and you've made it obvious to everyone.

For the record, I've asked EVERY park crew I have ever seen on the mountains I ride if there is a legitimate reason why I shouldn't straight air lips.

ALL of them have said it's FINE as long as I hit it with speed and an ollie

SO, unless you can give a legitimate reason why something someone does is wrong,

SHUT THE F@CK UP and keep your criticism to yourself.

GSS started this in this thread.

After lunch Librider pointed TTC6 to me..and I followed him down one-park..he used the lips onto rails as jumps which is bad smartstyle. He seemed totally uninterested in riding with any of us

Tell us Doug:

If someone pointed me out to you on the mountain, why didn't you say something to me about my lack of "smartyle" ???

Why didn't you come up to face and make some of the comments you do on here ???

OK .

Debate is OVER.

You can't give a logical answer and you've made it obvious to everyone.

For the record, I've asked EVERY park crew I have ever seen on the mountains I ride if there is a legitimate reason why I shouldn't straight air lips.

ALL of them have said it's FINE as long as I hit it with speed and an ollie

SO, unless you can give a legitimate reason why something someone does is wrong,

SHUT THE F@CK UP and keep your criticism to yourself.

GSS started this in this thread.

Tell us Doug:

If someone pointed me out to you on the mountain, why didn't you say something to me about my lack of "smartyle" ???

Why didn't you come up to face and make some of the comments you do on here ???

you need to learn to control yourself bud. EVERYTHING is an issue with you. contribute something useful or dont contribute at all.