1/30/09 - Messy, crowded

noofus

Spent a few hours there this afternoon. The snow was pretty much a wreck everywhere but it was fun to pretend I was skiing "off-piste" :P

Trail of the day seemed to be Razors Edge. Had a bunch of moguls on the top and was mostly ok the rest of the way down. Crowds were huge for an afternoon so I had to stay off Crazy Mile except for two runs.

I think I saw Atomic Jeff there from a lift a couple times and passing me once on Paradise. (Or was that someone else with an Obnoxious Blue coat? :D )

My wife got taken out on the upper part of Razors Edge by a SPORE who couldnt figure out how to handle bumps on a steep hill (Hint, Power Wedging isnt it <_< )

Ride home ended up slow as the turnpike was snow covered from Lehigh to Quakertown.

Spent a few hours there this afternoon. The snow was pretty much a wreck everywhere but it was fun to pretend I was skiing "off-piste" :P

Trail of the day seemed to be Razors Edge. Had a bunch of moguls on the top and was mostly ok the rest of the way down. Crowds were huge for an afternoon so I had to stay off Crazy Mile except for two runs.

I think I saw Atomic Jeff there from a lift a couple times and passing me once on Paradise. (Or was that someone else with an Obnoxious Blue coat? :D )

My wife got taken out on the upper part of Razors Edge by a SPORE who couldnt figure out how to handle bumps on a steep hill (Hint, Power Wedging isnt it <_< )

Ride home ended up slow as the turnpike was snow covered from Lehigh to Quakertown.

i thought that conditions were pretty good from 12:30 to 3:30ish. I rode with atomic jeff for several runs including one quick run down paradise. It was a bit on the crowded side, but the VIP line made the lines reasonable.

LOL it was not crowded while I was there. I got on the snow around 12:50pm and left at 3:15pm. The most I had to wait was maybe 5 or 6 chairs. Razors was pretty good. I was out on my GS:12s for the first time since I bought them last year. They are freaking awesome, and I forgot what it was like to ski a 24m ski, but they're are so stable and planted at even the fastest speeds.

I only did one run down Paradise, one down Challenge, one down Lazy, and the rest on Razors Edge. Pretty good day.

razors was good well into the night - did a few runs with my boy from 6- 8ish. and then few with the girls on lazy and burma. the rain definately deteriorated the conditions somewhat back to the normal blue. typical friday night crowds - i only had to ask 4 fbombers to watch their mouths with the kids in the liftline. we had an 7:30 hockey game this morning so we bugged out early for the regular post skiing snacks at red robin...