Stowe in April GTG Thread

AtomicSkier

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JEA!!!!!!!.....some forecasts are saying it might even be sunny part of this weekend..you guys should bring a camara. I'm leaving tomorrow morning around 830AM-9AM..there's no point in leaving too early because of the morning rush hour traffic on 22/78/287...I'm taking the homeboy route past Mad River Glen..something about driving from the Megalopolis up the Hudson Valley through the Champlain Valley and over the green mountain Spine into the Mad River Valley and finally to Stowe..the ski capital of the east..pounding a Long Trail Blackberry wheat or Shed Mountain Ale in the shadow of Mount Mansfield..Vermonts Highest peak...

I'm officially Stoked!!!

haha I just follow my GPS with a mapquest printout for a backup I've only been up to Stowe once. Does anyone have any plans of visiting Jay Peak? I was flirting with the idea of buying a stowe 2 day ticket and maybe doing a half day sunday at Jay..... not sure or just buy a 3 day ticket at Stowe or just save Sunday for travel time to be home for easter................. AHHHHHHHH!! decision decisions but none the less STOKED!

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I'm just skiing Stowe..Sugarbush is a better on the way home option as it cuts about 45 minutes off the drive..

Thats true I forgot Jay was a ways further North from Stowe. My last trip I was smack dab in the middle of Jay & Stowe, I'll be sticking with Stowe the same.

No wax on my skeeze..that's speed control for me,.. :lol: I'll probably be on my Blowers most of the time but my Elans are coming just in case the snow is PA-like and set up first thing...skiing Stowe is like a box of Chocolates..you never know what you're going to get..

The snow is never PA like in the trees even if the trails are solid :wub: We'll have to search for some freshy mad technical tree lines off trail but of course there must be a safety meeting before & somtimes a refresher while ventureing into the forest.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I'm at Stowe..the mountain looks really white and a guy in the lobby was saying conditions were excellent today...for those driving up later today and tomorrow..there are a ton of cops on I-87...Door to Door time to get here was about 7 hours and 10 minutes with two stops..

I'm glad you got there safely. Have fun. Stay safe.

Just got to Stowe!!! 6hrs 35min drive from Stroudsburg the people at the front desk also said that the conditions have been great this week with the fresh snowfall. Off to meet GSS for a safety meeting and to plan the epic adventures to come starting tomarrow morning.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I'm in. 8.5 hours with major traffic from Philly till Atown. Jesus, the cops are insane tonight! The VT cops were fucking taunting me on the way up (just pinging me for miles, until I made an evasive maneuver). I'm fried from the drive, it's going to take me some time to wind down. I might not make your meeting time. I'll see what happens.

As David Lee Roth once said, "Put the peddle to the metal and beat it out of town, coming back, back for more!" - One Foot Out the Door off of Fair Warning. Look it up kids.

I'm in. 8.5 hours with major traffic from Philly till Atown. Jesus, the cops are insane tonight! The VT cops were fucking taunting me on the way up (just pinging me for miles, until I made an evasive maneuver). I'm fried from the drive, it's going to take me some time to wind down. I might not make your meeting time. I'll see what happens.

As David Lee Roth once said, "Put the peddle to the metal and beat it out of town, coming back, back for more!" - One Foot Out the Door off of Fair Warning. Look it up kids.

Great classic VH stuff there Johnny Style!

We are all safe, well and having a great time in Stowe. If anything we are all a bit exhausted from the skiing.

For some reason Grilled Steeze Sandwich doesn't want to use the computer in his hotel lobby and that is why all is quiet in this thread. He is the only one who can give this trip report any flavor so I will respectfully defer to his trip report to be typed later. I don't even know what the trails are called except for "Goat."

Anyway, in the meantime here is some stoke to float your boat.

gallery_1960_226_26099.jpg

gallery_1960_226_83921.jpg

gallery_1960_226_45950.jpg

gallery_1960_226_71742.jpg

Edited by Johnny Style