Just found the cable to my computer.

Glenn

Quick update on my season. It's been 40+ degrees and bluebird for weeks on end with small dumps then right back to the warm weather. The snow doesn't keep at all when it's this warm, so there hasn't been nearly as much hucking as I would like. Still I've been having fun getting better in the park, and really making the soft days worth while. Here's a little bit of what I've been getting into.

We got snow on tuesday and I tweaked a knee on the second run. The past two days I spent my time in the backcountry on Berthoud pass to avoid hardpack landings.

This is the crew I've been rolling with:

Lindsy

P3130474.jpg

Tania

P3130475.jpg

Yours truely looking like a creeper.

P3130476.jpg

Thur

We spent about an hour between 2 snowpits establishing we had a safe snowpack before getting on our goal.

Tania was elected to be the rucschblock guinea pig.

P3120374.jpg

The top 8 inches was the only thing moving and it was just sloughing.

P3120375.jpg

Lindsy and I were pleased with the snowpit results, Tania was less thrilled after taking the fall.

P3120376.jpg

With the snow soft and stable the decision was made to drop chimney chute. Lindsy pushes out a turn.

P3120381.jpg

P3120382.jpg

Tania made do with the snow that Lindsy left behind.

P3120429.jpg

I followed the girls down and despite the somewhat tracked chute I had a lot of fun.

Fri

I found a quicker route up the same pitch after talking with a friend. We turned a 2 hour hike into a 40 minute hike. We opted to stay in the trees where the sun had done a little less damage. I hit a little pillow line which wasn't recorded wonderfully, but I promise it's me riding out.

P3130486.jpg

P3130487.jpg

Lindsy found the snow to be slightly heavier than what we rode yesterday in the chimney chute, but still plentiful.

P3130479.jpg

Tania pushing her Miss Bakers to the limit.

P3130497.jpg

Bonus Pillow Line attempt

I started trying out some pillow lines again. I'm not sure I'm super confident on them at this point. This was my second unsuccessful go at a line that doesn't look half as big as it is. I stomped it last year, so it's a bit frustrating.

P2190343.jpg

P2190344.jpg

looks like you had a good season on the other side of the tunnel. everything is just about winding down for me as well. been running/hiking a lot more now since its so nice out. sorry i couldnt make it up there. maybe sometime within the next few weeks before closing.