03-17-09 TR JF

Robert2

Whole mountain was nice today. Only places where there was slush were at the top and bottom. The trails stayed really nice. Ended up with 41 runs, open to close.

BTW R2, nice jacket :D . I noticed it when you were on the double chair. I waited at the bottom, but you must have went over to exhibition to the triple chairs, so I headed to east mt.

Edited by bigdaddyk

Holy spring skiing Batman...41 runs just may be a Jack Frost single day record.

The only bad spot was the "rock", on river shot, which they ended up putting bamboo over. Other than that, everything was really nice :) . It's nice, being off work for a day and being able to just putz around the whole mountain.

Edited by bigdaddyk

BTW R2, nice jacket :D . I noticed it when you were on the double chair. I waited at the bottom, but you must have went over to exhibition to the triple chairs, so I headed to east mt.

I GOT A WITNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally!

Someone tell Nick Malozzi

50 days on the snow this year and not ONE PASR member ever said hello to me.

Whole mountain was nice today. Only places where there was slush were at the top and bottom. The trails stayed really nice. Ended up with 41 runs, open to close.

I have a scouting mission I do every day to figure out where the glacier ice and mud is

at the end of the season.

I start at Janes Lane then turn left at the crossover into Snowflake.

I take the short lift back up to the top of powder puff.

That short board ride down and lift up gets me warmed up and my equipment checked out.

Its also good to find out if I'm dressed too warm or cold and I can dump or get a layer or 2 in

my nearby locker if I have to.

So then I ride down Powder Puff , Easy Rider to the bottom and take the lift up over

Lehigh.

From the lift I pick out the bad spots and examine the crossovers then at the top

I ride down Janes Lane to the crossover to Lehigh and blast down Lehigh.

To my surprise.... there was no bad spots on Lehigh yet this week.....

but the crossover is now just dirt.

So I now have to hump it across Snowmonsters to Lehigh.

At the bottom of Lehigh I crossover to ONE park then get on the triple chair which

flies over Exhibition.

Again... I scope out what's nasty then lap Exhibition until I'm worn out.

Then I go back to Janes and lap Powder Puff and Easy Rider until miller time.

Its a fitness program I can live with.

Beats joining a gym.

I have a scouting mission I do every day to figure out where the glacier ice and mud is

at the end of the season.

I start at Janes Lane then turn left at the crossover into Snowflake.

I take the short lift back up to the top of powder puff.

That short board ride down and lift up gets me warmed up and my equipment checked out.

Its also good to find out if I'm dressed too warm or cold and I can dump or get a layer or 2 in

my nearby locker if I have to.

So then I ride down Powder Puff , Easy Rider to the bottom and take the lift up over

Lehigh.

From the lift I pick out the bad spots and examine the crossovers then at the top

I ride down Janes Lane to the crossover to Lehigh and blast down Lehigh.

To my surprise.... there was no bad spots on Lehigh yet this week.....

but the crossover is now just dirt.

So I now have to hump it across Snowmonsters to Lehigh.

At the bottom of Lehigh I crossover to ONE park then get on the triple chair which

flies over Exhibition.

Again... I scope out what's nasty then lap Exhibition until I'm worn out.

Then I go back to Janes and lap Powder Puff and Easy Rider until miller time.

Its a fitness program I can live with.

Beats joining a gym.

What do you do to cross train in the summer time?

What do you do to cross train in the summer time?

Flatwater kayak 5 miles around Mauch Chunk Lake in Jim Thorpe 5 days a week.

Until the snow falls.

I wear the same clothes kayaking as I do for snowboarding when it gets cold.

This cell phone picture was taken Nov 18th in a snowstorm.

A few days later Boulder opened.

gallery_2500_214_8909.jpg

Here's today's video of Easyrider.

Edited by Robert2

I usually am on the opposite side of the mountain that you are and I'm usually gone by 11am.

Yes... I've noticed that many PASR skiers come out for first tracks and bug out before

crowds mess up the snow or clog the lifts........ or so I've heard... thats what they say about

Blue and weekend skiing.

I personally have never considered the snow messed up by people ...even at 4PM closing.

And there's never any lift lines midweek at JF that EVER bothered me.

Robert you crack me up man.......Do you actually listen to that while boarding??

Whats wrong with Sarah McLachlan - In The Arms Of An Angel ?

I listen to a range of music made in the last 40 years and totally exclude

rap and country from my song list. I listened to WMMR for 30 years then moved here.

I listen to everything from Jefferson Airplane to Enigma LSD.

Techno is good for kayaking...keeps the strokes going when in 2 foot waves for 2 hours.

But snowboarding has a lot of lift time to kill.

30 seconds down the hill and 8 minutes up the lift.

Sometimes I listen to Morse code to keep sharp.

Need to keep the brain from wandering off.... it may not come back.

I met up with NAX Monday and spent the day unplugged. It was really strange to

hear the shhheeesshhh shhhheeeshhh noise of the board on the snow.

I really have not heard or rode all winter based on surface or board noise.

Bundled up at 5 degrees , armored up in wrist guards, kneepads and a helmet.....

goggles...face mask.... add good loud music and its like the comfort of your

living room.... while outside for 3 hours. I can't play with buttons when dressed for

snow so once plugged in I stay plugged in all day.

I'll say "Hello" if I ever see you, the diamonds are where I play.

Usually dressed in black and bombin' the steeps. I've looked for you guys, but seems our schedules don't work. I never know when I'll be able to hit it.

I'll see you on the Elevator next year, if not sooner!!

Hope to be on the slopes a few more times before they close.

Keep up the nice work.

I'm pretty easy to spot....I'm always the fattest guy on the mountain that can actually ski and isn't on rental skis wearing jeans or sweat pants..

My helmet has PASR stickers on it too which also helps.. The thing is I'm only ever really there on weekends....has something to do with the 110 mile drive and working in NJ and all...

I'm pretty easy to spot....I'm always the fattest guy on the mountain that can actually ski and isn't on rental skis wearing jeans or sweat pants..

My helmet has PASR stickers on it too which also helps.. The thing is I'm only ever really there on weekends....has something to do with the 110 mile drive and working in NJ and all...

My brother ,wife and kid came 100 miles from NJ to play.

Since the kid learned to snowboard they probably will come again on the weekends

next year so I'll be at JF more on weekends. I bought my JFBB 9-10 pass yesterday.

The kid has school ski trips to Blue on Friday nights so I may spend

Friday nights at blue next year until the kid can ride on ice.

She was very successful on mashed taters spring snow but cord ice will be trouble next year.

I was keeping an eye out for you, and even skied Lehigh once midweek looking for you. I usually stay over on the east side and ride the Exhibition lift only to get back to the lodge to quit for the day.

I like to quit when it starts getting crowded, but like you said, the reason is safety. I like to ski fast and would rather quit for the day than slow down, and once the rentals start hitting east mountain you don't know what they are going to do next on the slope.

Ever run the section of the Lehigh from Thorpe down to Weissport or Bowmanstown? If you are up for it we can take you down in our raft some non-release weekend.