T.R. - 3-21-09 jack frost

JFskiDan

pulled into a deserted parking lot at 8:15 to find Phillycore and Serch already booted up and headed towards the snow. everything was nice fresh soft cord. we met up on east mountain where we made quite a few real nice runs. from there we hit challenge, t-bolt, exhibition and one park, each for a few runs. by the time we made it back over to east mountain things were starting to really loosen up with piles of sugary snow. the last few runs PC and myself spent bombing exhibition wile Serch was practicing some moves in the park.

east mountain was real nice early on, but conditions on challenge, t-bolt, exhibition, and one park were still real nice when we all left at about noon. i think there was about 25 people on the whole mountain.

real nice last day at frost.

JAHHDIP

.... i think there was about 25 people on the whole mountain.

JAHHDIP

I think there might have been a few more people than that. I got there at 9 and it was 25 degrees. By the time I left at 3:30, it was 45. The snow held up really nice. Firm, fast cord in the morning, and nice soft snow in the afternoon. I bounced around the whole mountain and left after 42 runs.

I think there might have been a few more people than that. I got there at 9 and it was 25 degrees. By the time I left at 3:30, it was 45. The snow held up really nice. Firm, fast cord in the morning, and nice soft snow in the afternoon. I bounced around the whole mountain and left after 42 runs.

Yeah 25 might be an exxageration, but not by much.... It was EMPTY for sure... There was literally 12-13 cars total in the lot where Smartass and I parked when we left at Noon + 8 minutos... It definitely was a nice day though and it was the warmest 20 degree day ever with zero wind... It was 19 degrees when we arrived and 35 degrees when we left.

Exhibition gets my vote for run of the day, but thunderbolt was a real surprise as it looked to be really thin cover but skied so niiiiiiiice....

Sorry Robert can't tell you how Lehigh was didn't ski it today... but floyd's was nice!!! Rivershot got piled up a little in the middle right before the last headwall but it wasn't bad... soft sugar..

JADAJFP

Sorry Robert can't tell you how Lehigh was didn't ski it today...

You missed out then. Lehigh was in better shape than exhibition. It was silky smooth :drool , first thing in the morning and stayed soft, but not mushy, the rest of the day. Lehigh has been in surprisingly great shape, the last week.

Edited by bigdaddyk

QUOTE (Robert2 @ Mar 22 2009, 04:31 PM)

OK... so... anybody believe me now when I say conditions are great at JF... even in the last days of the season?

nope. i dont think anyone has ever doubted you about conditions at jack frost. just, sometimes a little odd....

"cocaine snow"?? come on now.

I was there on Saturday from about 10:00 till 1:00pm. It was my first day at JF this year. It reminded me why i would rather have a season pass at JF than at SNO. Except that it takes me 12 min to get to the parking lot at SNO versus the almost 45 mins to get to JF. I do really enjoy the lower half of Sno mountain more than the diamonds at JF, but i venture up top of SNO only when the long haul is open to ride fasttrack. At JF i can have fun riding any trail so it offers more variety.

But anyhow enough of that nonsense. I was very happy with the conditions for my last day on snow this season. Found a few icy spots on Thunderbolt early on, but not much else. River Shot did get a bit choppy, but expected with the soft snow. It probably would have been a lot worse if the mountain was busy. I thought Floyds was the best run of the day and Challenge and I think Demattes also had nice soft/sugary snow.

Basically made my way across the mountain west to east. Than lapped of the east mountain chair doing three runs on each river shot, floyds and challenge. A couple more runs to get back to the lodge. Then was off to meet some friends and play two rounds of disc golf at Francis Walter Dam, which if anyone cares was also in good condition. This was most likely the best outdoor day ever. To be able to do my winter and summer activities on the same day and each in nice weather/conditions.

I joked with my friends. In my book the only way it could have been better would have been to take my kayak and ride the river from one destination to the other.

Was out Friday, and it was a little depressing with the cloudy skies and deserted slopes, but decided to go Saturday and it was a great end to the season. Sunny skies, slopes nice and fast. Time to wax the skis and put them away and get the kayaks out. Unfortunately the Tohickon release was also this weekend.