Best East Coast parks in April ???

TT C6

What do you know about parks?

You and Doug wouldn't even hit the 1st jump at CB....even after we harassed you two all day. :lol:

I know nothing about parks, but I do have some common sense to know that based on snow amounts, average temperatures, and altitude that chances are you're going to find better April parks in Vermont.

It's rock science! :wiggle

My friends and I thinking about doing a trip this weekend.

Where is the best park to hit on the East Coast in April ?????

Your best bet other than Boulder would probably be Mount Snow. Otherwise Killington or Okemo is never a dissapointment both of their websites tell you exactly what they have set up on their main parks. If you feel like going a couple hours further than Stowe.

Stratton also just held the U.S. Open. I went to it in the very early 2000's and if I remember right they left the competition setups up for the public afterwards.

I barely ride park up north though, there so much more natural fun to be had in the trees that we can't have here in PA.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I was looking to hear from people that have ridden good parks up North in the last week or 2.

Or, from people that have ridden other spots that have been great in April in recent years.

I've been to all of those spots mentioned. But, the latest I've ridden in a season in US Open weekend at both Stratton and Snow.

Sunday River has the Dumont Cup, I don't remember if it happened already but I know it was soon, probably going to have a sick setup for that

Its closed for the comp and only built for that comp, nips is competing at it. SR is not a typically a place for great/good parks.

The Stratton USO course may still be open and is large 50'+ The "public parks there often leave a lot to be desired.

Okemo is typically very good end of season.

I was at Mount snow 8 days ago and the amount of snow depth on inferno is huge , I am not exaggerating to say its 30 foot deep in places. with the amount of jibs they have and the fact that they have all of Carinthia dedicated to the park scene - its a safe bet to go to Mount Snow hands down, no comparison to anything except maybe Loon.

Snow Lake lodge is $69 a night or less.

Boulder should have everything you or your friends can handle park wise, it just doesn't have the vertical.

TT consider making an account at newschoolers.com and check regionals for up to date park information anywhere. I'm not trying to steal traffic from PASR.... I am just saying if you want up to date, accurate info outside of the PA scene quickly, you would do yourself well to use that site. And yes snowboarders are welcome there. hahahaha

Edited by Papasteeze

loon or mt snow

ttc what is wrong with you, honestly, jeff gave you a serious answer from the knowledge he has and you go come righ back and attack him. and no i dont care what he has said in the past, dont be a highschool girl and hold a grudge, i assume your a man. so step up stop being a problem and be thankfull that people have truthfully replied in this thread to help you, yea people here are helping someone, it acutally happens alot when you dont attack.

and you should think before you speak becuase jeff is right

loon or mt snow are the final options

and guess what i may not be a sponsored rider in the park or that amazing but i know a good park when i see one and most people who have been aroudn the sport for a long time have a general idea about most aspects of the sport

Edited by romemadman

rock science..shout out to Geology majors..what what...

Hell Yeah! Thanks for the shout out.

Speaking of geology, I'll be out in the LV in 2 weeks for a weekend field trip to study the structural geology of the state. AJeff, watch out, first stop is at Lehigh to see some cool formations on your campus and talk to some profs.

Rocks Rock!

you_rock_you_rule.jpg

^^Pretty much sums up my day to day.

Ok, nerd rant is over for today.