Tuckermans; April 25th and 26th

JaySkisBig

Still waiting... another week...two? It just seems a bit early yet.

hmmm...sherbie's half closed now with the upper section mighty thin from what i understand, sorta looking for the whole experience - not hiking back down in the mud. i've also go a small window in the next 2 weeks work/home wise

High temps will help consolidate the layers.

At 70 degrees little to no sintering will occur and with the rapid temp change your looking at lots of wet slides. I'm going to bet your going to see a real upside down snowpack this weekend additionally your going to get ice falls and any open water is going to be covered up just enough to break your ankle or worse.

Like you said with 100 mile an hour winds loading is going to be an issue, cross loading is going to be a concern too for all of the areas as I can't think of any lines that are out of the way (maybe GOS).

Its been awhile since I've read the slab density stuff but with the increasing winds you would tend to see a real thick slab, hard slabs are hard to set off as they sinter better but when they do go they tend to propagate much further and higher above you. I've done alot of dumb shit but I would be hesistant to take a ride down dodges or left gully.

Its W though so who really knows...

I forgot to mention that they no longer close the bowl or hillman's area so your free to do as you wish, if its a bad idea the rangers will try to talk you out of it but your still free to do whatever you like.

If this is your weekend to go one option would be to go and plan on skiing but if it isn't possible hit up the summit and the snowfields up there. Much lower angle and not as long but obviously generally safer.

At 70 degrees little to no sintering will occur and with the rapid temp change your looking at lots of wet slides. I'm going to bet your going to see a real upside down snowpack this weekend additionally your going to get ice falls and any open water is going to be covered up just enough to break your ankle or worse.

Like you said with 100 mile an hour winds loading is going to be an issue, cross loading is going to be a concern too for all of the areas as I can't think of any lines that are out of the way (maybe GOS).

Its been awhile since I've read the slab density stuff but with the increasing winds you would tend to see a real thick slab, hard slabs are hard to set off as they sinter better but when they do go they tend to propagate much further and higher above you. I've done alot of dumb shit but I would be hesistant to take a ride down dodges or left gully.

Its W though so who really knows...