SNOW WILL LIKELY DEVELOP AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES THURSDAY

AFTERNOON. THIS PERIOD OF HEAVIER SNOW COULD LAST INTO THURSDAY

EVENING BEFORE GRADUALLY DIMINISHING OVERNIGHT. ANOTHER PERIOD OF HEAVY

SNOW MAY OCCUR FROM FRIDAY THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING. HEAVY AND

WET SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 18 TO 36 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE FROM THE

DIVIDE EASTWARD.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

REMEMBER...A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR A

HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER EVENT IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH AREA.

SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS MAY OCCUR THAT COULD IMPACT

TRAVEL. STAY TUNED TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE OR YOUR LOCAL

NEWS MEDIA FOR THE LATEST UPDATES AND POSSIBLE WARNING CONCERNING

THIS POTENTIAL WINTER STORM.

loveland or Winter Park are going to be the places to be

god, I wish eldora was still open, this is going to be their biggest storm in many years, and they closed last weekend :(

Yea, I'm not looking forward to the drive up to WP, but I'm going to head up friday night in hopes of avoiding the Denver cluster fuck saturday morning. I was headed to WP either way though as it is closing weekend. Should be a great weekend regardless of accumulations.

if berthoud closes though, which it may if the NAM's prediction of 40 inches is accurate, you should come up to loveland

That is a possibility. I really hope to get to WP though as I have free passes to use, and this is my last chance.

In other words, I'm gonna fight my way through that damn pass as long as it is open. haha. I don't care how long it takes!

havent been keeping up with weather lately. seems pretty intense. summit might get left out :(

its snowing here though. just really warm.

yeah, its an up slope, so the ski areas right along the divide will have the most snow. Its a shame eldora closed...that would be the place to be. This will be their biggest snow storm in years, and they closed last week.

on the bright side, echo mountain park will get clobbered :D

Edited by jordan

They just closed Lovelenad pass, and I just got a call from Glenn that I'm pretty sure was made from the lift:

"Nick, here's the deal. It is absolutely POOPING here. Leave work early. Winter Park is the place to be for this storm, foot on the ground already."

Trying to skip outta here ASAP!

Sick rain all day today in denver...and wet snow yesterday. SO pissed I couldn't make it up this weekend. I had to help my roommate move all his shit into a storage unit for the summer and I had to move some shit in as well. Still hitting up abasin all week though before I head out to cali.

loveland was SICK the last two days. I70 closed last night, so me any my friends stayed in Silverthorne. The highway opened at 8:30 this morning, and we got back up to loveland hours before the denver crowds could get through

Jordan

I was trying to get up to Winter Park Friday after work, and couldn't even get out of Boulder due to road closures. So I woke up early Saturday to Berthoud being closed due to avalanches. So I hung out and refreshed the C Dot website until they opened Berthoud back up. Today was a great day, snow was heavy in spots, but there was plenty of light and fresh to be had if you knew were to be. Bitched out on a drop I really wanted to hit since I was feeling a bit out of it early in the day, but other then that I think I rode pretty well.