Buckman's Boulder Bash - 11/21/09

Hi all -

Buckman's and Boulder Park announce Buckman's Boulder Bash '10 Part 1 - a rail jam.

Being held 11/21/09 at Big Boulder

Register on-site starting 12pm at Boulder Park Lodge

$5.00 entry fee

(if the lifts are spinning then you will also need a lift ticket. lift tickets will be available at Registration. Check www.boulderpark.com starting 11/16 for conditions updates and expected opening dates)

Competition begins at 1:30pm

Awards immediately following.

Open Jam Format

There will be NO judges for this competition.

Each competitor will get to help decide who wins.

Prizes will be an assortment of product, lift tickets, and gift cards.

Oakley will be there with the Rolling O Lab interactive display and loads of give-a-ways.

Come kick off your season at Boulder Park with Buckman's!

questions? e-mail me at johnl@buckmansinc.com.

-John

ps - Buckman's Boulder Bash '10 - Part 2, a slope style will be held 02/20/10 at Big Boulder. Watch for details!

post-1481-1257792769275_thumb.jpg

You also gotta remember Boulder is mostly snowboarders haha.

Is this going to be a combined competition with skiers and snowboarders, or separate?

We'll do a boarders division and a skiers division. Other than that everyone is lumped together.

Boulder has no input as to who wins. It will be up to the majority vote of the competitors. Each competitor will get a "ballot" to turn in. Our hope is that everyone will respect the process and vote for who throws down the best that specific day and not just their friend.

I guess we'll see what happens!

well, if girls rider harder, it shouldn't be a problem, should it? :P

1856.gif

i see what you did there.

sounds like it should be pretty fun, especially for early season stuff. unfortunatley i won't be able to make this one. should be cleared to ski shortly after though and i'll definitely be at the slopestyle! props to john for continuing the buckmans comp tradition!

• Like 2

well, if girls rider harder, it shouldn't be a problem, should it? :P

1856.gif

haha cute but my user name isnt girls.ride.better, its actually the slogan for a girls outerwear company and more so the fact that girls take crazy ridiculous falls that would make alot of guys just get mad and chill out for the day, but the girl would just laugh and keep riding. but anyhoo, thats kinda lame theres no girls div. and i`m not the only chick that thinks so. but its still snowboarding..sooo, word

I was just playing. wokka wokka it is kinda weak there's no women's div. maybe that'll change as they get closer.

get a lot of women to sign up and we will offer a women's prize.

our idea here was to keep this event as simple as possible and mostly to give everyone the opportunity to ride rails early.

with the competitors deciding who wins we also don't want there to be too many divisions especially since we are doing this as an open jam. everyone will take as many runs as they want during the alloted time. there won't be time alloted for skiers and then time alloted for boarders and then time alloted for women.

your goal as competitors is to impress the other competitors. plain and simple.

we're curious as to how it's going to play out as well.

see you on the 21st!

ps - As of right now Boulder will either be open to the public or just open for our event.

Oh, and this will be a good warm up for any of you looking to participate in the Temple University rail jam on Dec 3rd! We are helping sponsor that event as well. Boulder is providing the snow.

• Like 1

ps - As of right now Boulder will either be open to the public or just open for our event.

Oh, and this will be a good warm up for any of you looking to participate in the Temple University rail jam on Dec 3rd! We are helping sponsor that event as well. Boulder is providing the snow.

i guess the other option would be not open at all? haha

about the temple rail jam... snowboard only?

The Buckman's Rail Jam and the Oakley O-Lab scheduled for Saturday Nov 21 are canceled. Sustained cold weather will be moving in just in time for Thanksgiving. We will have a big boulder PARK opening day announcement soon. Thanks for hanging in there.

straight from boulders website

straight from boulders website

Yep, the window of snow making temps doesn't look like it's going to open like originally forecast. Sorry but with all the other "trucked in ice" jams going on we didn't want to do that so this was planned as a snow only event. Event CANCELLED!

Our big event for the year will happen on February 20th 2010 and it will be our Boulder Bash '10 Slope Style. Huge prizes like every year. Details to follow.

See you on the slopes!