its a start

JFskiDan

just breaking your balls a little. i dont want to be critical of them blowing snow just before we see 2 days of warmer temps and some rain, but i am sure they are on the "wait and hope" plan just like everyone else around here. so, i give them 3 cool points for at least giving it a show.

just breaking your balls a little. i dont want to be critical of them blowing snow just before we see 2 days of warmer temps and some rain, but i am sure they are on the "wait and hope" plan just like everyone else around here. so, i give them 3 cool points for at least giving it a show.

Big Bad Blue did it as well :nana

they are blowing at boulder. earlier i thought i was seeing shadows of the lights, but they are piles of white stuff. it would be nice if it was still there after thursday.

cam

Don't get your hopes up.

Sadly Jeff is right, they didn't really do anything last night. I went to bed around 3 and they had nothing, if you look now its like 1-2" at best in the deep part and a dusting everywhere else. If it lasts through the warmer weather on Wednesday all they have succeeded in doing was get past the initial putting snow on grass step (which is hard when the ground is warm so it wasn't entirely pointless) but there are no "piles" and this really won't make a base. It's good marketing, but when it was 1am and they weren't able to make snow yet I pretty much lost hope for a Sunday opening. Maybe I will be proven wrong but I was hoping for a solid night last night and they didn't get it.

That's probably why Camelback didn't make snow, although it is good both Blue and JFBB made some. It's not their fault, guys were out there from 9pm on but the temperature didn't cool down enough, it was hovering barely out of range for a few hours.

They are blowin yet again. Go boulder go.

Damn the webcam is down for Freedom park right now. What time did they start last night? I checked at about 11 and didn't see anything going on. Funny how on Sunday night before snowmaking you get a black box because there was no light, but last night the snow reflects the moon and you can actually see something.

JFBB and Bear have way better webcams than Blue and CBK. Not much of a metric, but it is a fact.

from JFBB.com...

December got off to a snowy start. At 1am this morning Big Boulder Ski Area, who pioneered snowmaking over 50 years ago, did it again.

The veteran snowcrew laid down a solid base of manmade snow. Expect JFBB to make snow every second we can. Stay tuned for a Big Boulder Opening Day announcement soon!

Keep checking back for up to minute information on our Opening Day

Went by there today to see what they had down, not much at all....They only blew on freedom and I would say there was a total of a half in where there was snow. Judging by what I saw and the weather right now, I really don't see them opening this weekend unfortunately

Hi Everyone-

I just wanted to take a moment and update everyone with our snowmaking/opening plan for Big Boulder. Currently we are getting quite a bit of rain here in Lake Harmony. Over the last couple of days we have been making snow and doing some testing on the system. My original plan was to try and make a few piles with the hope that when we start making snow on Thursday or Friday that we would not be starting from scratch. Despite the hard work of the BB snowmaking staff, the current weather is putting a damper on what has already been made. The good news is we still have every intention of getting something open for the weekend. It looks as though there is some significantly cold weather heading our way by Friday. Saturday looks out of the question for an opening, but Sunday is still very possible. As many of you know, once we get some cold weather it doesn't take long!

When we do start making snow, it will be across the whole area. At this point I am not sure of what we will be able to open with, but we will plan on opening new terrain as it is available. Once Big Boulder opens, we will be open full-time including weekday skiing and riding.

On our opening day (no matter what day it is) we will be having our annual "Boulder Gives Back" event. For this event, just bring 10 non perishable food items, or a toy for a child valued at 10 dollars to receive a lift ticket for the day. As everyone knows times are tough for many folks, and with Christmas right around the corner please help us give to people in need! The food will be donated to the local food bank, and the toys will be given to "Toys for Tots".

Anyway, pray for cold weather, and know that we will continue to be committed to being aggressive as possible to get open asap.

Jesse Boyd

PS Jack Frost will also be firing up on Friday, and plans to open on the 12th....

Edited by Kevin.

Yeah a shit ton of rain last night . From about 4pm-3am. Im sure most of what they made is gone, or it will be today since its already 56 in tannersville at 9 am. BB is usually almost 10 degrees colder but that wont help sadly.

Well the JFBB webcam is down, but based on Hunter and Mount Snow losing almost all of the snow they made (and they made more because they had better temperatures) I'm going to bet JFBB has 0 snow left and is starting from scratch. Kinda sucks. I am lifted by the quote from Jesse about opening weekdays, maybe if they miss Sunday they can open Monday, kind of unorthodox to open on an early weekday but I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

Well the JFBB webcam is down, but based on Hunter and Mount Snow losing almost all of the snow they made (and they made more because they had better temperatures) I'm going to bet JFBB has 0 snow left and is starting from scratch. Kinda sucks. I am lifted by the quote from Jesse about opening weekdays, maybe if they miss Sunday they can open Monday, kind of unorthodox to open on an early weekday but I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

that's a long drive from delaware.