Decent Daily Lift Ticket Deals

Melissa

So, okay, long story short, I will NOT be buying a pass to Sno this year. This is really just because I will be away a LOT of weekends and busy during the week in the evening a lot, thus, I think it makes more sense to just buy lift tickets. Your judgment on this decision aside...

Do you have any recommendations for good lift ticket deals? I think it will be kind of cool to buy a few lift tickets to a few different mountains on the weekends, and then supplement by going to Sno after work during the week. Your perspective is appreciated. I am really excited to try a bunch of new mountains this year!!

Edit: I always spell judgment wrong. It's my kryptonite.

Edited by Melissa

you might want to consider joining a ski club, even if you don't participate in any of their events. my parents are members of mack ski club, which is based out of allentown, and never really do anything with the club, but by being a member, they can buy discounted tickets to various local areas, as well as a few up north and out west. i used to get relatively cheap, i think around $15 or so, tickets to boulder through this method. i'm sure prices have gone up since then, this was about 5 years ago though.

A lot of local township recreation departments sell discount tickets of all kinds including lift tickets. I don't think Sno participates in this program. Some of the deals are better than others. Elk usually has the smallest discount and weekdays are better deals than weekends. Do a google search for some of the municipalities near you.

I think Camelback is doing the 3 for $99.00 ticket deal again this year.

Here's a link to a township near me that sells them. A lot of the townships don't have the new prices listed yet. Discount ticket prices Scan down to the bottom for the lift ticket prices.

These are all great suggestions, except for the school girl one, which I don't get. Scranton Ski Club might be a good deal. Just need to figure out when and where I want to ski. I am also going to see the prices that Buckmans has.

I think I have Sno covered with Scranton Ski Club. Other than that, I will be on the lookout for JFBB tickets, Blue, and Camelback.

These are all great suggestions, except for the school girl one, which I don't get. Scranton Ski Club might be a good deal. Just need to figure out when and where I want to ski. I am also going to see the prices that Buckmans has.

I think I have Sno covered with Scranton Ski Club. Other than that, I will be on the lookout for JFBB tickets, Blue, and Camelback.

also, nestors usually has discounted day tickets for blue, bear, camelback, and maybe elk. not sure if they're in yet though.

If you are a beer drinker, Elk and some local (Scranton area) beer distributors place a coupon for a $20. lift ticket on cases of either Miller or Coors light. Buy a case get a coupon. This was the practice for the last 5 yrs or so and I imagine they'll do it this year too. It usually starts early Jan and runs to the middle of March. There's a beer store at the Convenience Mart at the Elk exit off of 81 (206) that has the coupons.

I'm guessing at the price, I can remember $10., and $15. coupons. They are usually the same price as the Wild Wednesday tickets to college ID holders. I think the coupons are only good on a Wednesday too.

Melissa, drive about 40 mins. North of Sno and give Elk a try. If you come up on a Wed or the weekend, let me know and we'll give you a guided tour, and introduce you to the bartenders...

I would love to visit Elk--I've yet to visit. I will def. let you know when I head up!

Definitely get to Elk. Once you go to Elk you'll likely make it your day trip destination. Sno is nice for night skiing but if you are going for the day, Elk is the place to go.

The ski shops have the same discount tickets as the recreation departments but are usually a dollar or two more. An OK deal if you can't get to the township building during working hours.

Liftopia isn't bad either. Plattekill is a great day trip option from the Scranton area when the snow is good.