Blu opening thursday the 17th

bluebomber19

If it's not top to bottom with the sixer running, it's going to be a disappointment for sure.

I am fairly sure it is the inspection today. They were ready to go for tomorrow but now push it back a week. Oh well.

But I do hope high speeds are running by then. So humn, where to ski this weekend. Take a chance on Camelback or go up to catskills.

By Christmas week they will be near 100% with the forecast..Ideally Barbara wouldn't open until Christmas week..before then it's mostly season passholders and Blue already has our money..

Yes, but im sure that extra coin up front from all the passholders definitely helps early on. They loose that and they may regret it.

Lift inspections don't mean anything...No matter what resort you go to they get inspected by the state yearly and also must pass daily safety inspections as well..this is no reason to delay the opening....Once again Blue Mountain Ski Area is the last to open and the first to close!

I've been skiing here since I was a young child...Always come up with some pathetic excuse for not opening...Look at boulder the first day 1,500 people came out!

• Like 1

Just a few years ago..Blue would open a week before Camelback and stay open a week longer in the spring..seems like the reverse now...man if Blue wasn't 17 miles away and had the coldest 6-pack in the Poconos..I would go elsewhere..

oh yeah they need to build a terrain park on a straight run..

17 miles would be so sweet. My 107 miles gets a little old after a while. Can we get a stat for miles driven to ski/board in the stat manager? Then maybe I could contend for a top ten spot in something.

• Like 1

Just a few years ago..Blue would open a week before Camelback and stay open a week longer in the spring..seems like the reverse now...man if Blue wasn't 17 miles away and had the coldest 6-pack in the Poconos..I would go elsewhere..

oh yeah they need to build a terrain park on a straight run..

HA Same here...i live right between boulder and blue...Blue just keeps pissing all of us locals off with this shit..I used to work lifts @ Blue and the lift inspection thing is just a joke..Even if they were "inspecting" the lifts they could open Saturday..why wait a whole week? Whatever I will just utilize my JFBB pass. i understand they wanna open and have a lot of terrain open at once..but look at the $ they are losing.

Maybe...I went to Stowe three times last season and that's almost 900 miles roundtrip..plus Killington which is 700 miles roundtrip..plus driving from Denver to Jackson Hole..so I drive plenty of miles..

Dont make me bust out my calculator and last years stats for a miles driven pissing contest

well how many days did you drive 200+ miles roundtrip???

20 trips to JFBB (206 round trip)

2 trips to Mt. Snow

1 Okemo

1 Stowe

1 Jay

Drove all over the place in Tahoe

And a fair amount in CO

I need to get a gas rewards credit card.

Edited by ectobar

hell yeah..alot of people drive an hour and a half Saturday morning..an hour and a half Saturday afternoon...an hour and a half Sunday morning and an hour and a half Sunday afternoon....that is alot of driving..saving 3+ hours of driving a weekend would be an appeal for many..and some crap Ramada in Allentown ain't cutting it..might as well stay at casa GSS

haha true

Don't get me started on mileage. I pull 30 miles worth of commute each day, and I haven't been closer than 130 miles from home on a weekend in months so I'm averaging something like 430 miles a week and I haven't even been on the snow yet!

Don't get me started on mileage. I pull 30 miles worth of commute each day, and I haven't been closer than 130 miles from home on a weekend in months so I'm averaging something like 430 miles a week and I haven't even been on the snow yet!

When I was in school I interned @ Hershey park, which was 60+ miles from my school. Luckily gas wasn't quite so jacked up back then, or I wouldn't have made crap.

Sorry for derailing this thread.