4frnt skis?

LineSki

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i could buy them off the internet i just don't want to though. i know what i will be buying though from doing my research and what not. i just want to be able to hold the ski i'm going to buy and flex it and you know what i mean. if i have a problem then i just don't want to get into calling the website every three days, its just too much of a risk i wont take for a 500 or 600 dollar purchase.

Edited by LineSki

Ski999 and Skidude have bought and sold countless pairs of skis on ebay (we called it skidudebay, cause he buys EVERYTHING from ebay)...

I bought my Atomic's off of ebay too. For '999, 'dude, and myself, we know exactly what we want, and just have to find the ski. The best thing do is demo it, then buy off of ebay, because touching it in the store, and looking at the picture really makes no difference. As forumdestroyer said, Justo8484 has 4frnts. He works at Nestors, and I don't believe they sell them, so I don't know where he got them.

Ski999 and Skidude have bought and sold countless pairs of skis on ebay (we called it skidudebay, cause he buys EVERYTHING from ebay)...

I bought my Atomic's off of ebay too.  For '999, 'dude, and myself, we know exactly what we want, and just have to find the ski.  The best thing do is demo it, then buy off of ebay, because touching it in the store, and looking at the picture really makes no difference.  As forumdestroyer said, Justo8484 has 4frnts.  He works at Nestors, and I don't believe they sell them, so I don't know where he got them.

"F" ski shops, I say. How many products other than skis are sold that way? Manufacturers are all in agreement to not allow large chains to carry their products and use quantity buying power to offer them cheaply. Instead, every ski we buy from a shop has to come with a reminder that we're helping this small business owner pay his mortgage.

And buying race skis at shops are the worst. Every shop gives you that "have to special order them" line, which means pick up a phone. You end up paying 110% of the suggested retail.

Never again.

Ebay offers $500 buyer protection. You can't get ripped off. And $500 spent on Ebay will get you $1000 worth of gear from your local ski shop.

i have a friend who has the msps and he didnt even touch them or anything before he got them. he loved them so he got lucky. a couple good things are that there very light, and he says the edges are durable. the only thing is his ski delammed up on top.

any time my skis or boards delammed on the top I sent them back and received a new pair for free...It started in the early 90's with a pair of K2 gyrators. Two years in a row the tips delammed and I sent them back to receive a new pair just in time for the next season. More recently I had a problem two years in a row with a burton custom delamming around the bindings...they also sent me new boards. :banana:

"F" ski shops, I say. How many products other than skis are sold that way? Manufacturers are all in agreement to not allow large chains to carry their products and use quantity buying power to offer them cheaply. Instead, every ski we buy from a shop has to come with a reminder that we're helping this small business owner pay his mortgage.

And buying race skis at shops are the worst. Every shop gives you that "have to special order them" line, which means pick up a phone. You end up paying 110% of the suggested retail.

Never again.

Ebay offers $500 buyer protection. You can't get ripped off. And $500 spent on Ebay will get you $1000 worth of gear from your local ski shop.

:yes I see skis in shops, especially nestors, that are like $700 for a pair of volkl 5stars. I think to myself..."HAHA! I paid $425 shipped for my Atomic GS:9's w/ bindings, and they're a better ski" Never pay shop prices. Ski999 got a pair of GS:11s, BRAND NEW for like $195 right? You'd pay $800 in a shop for them. You can pick up this years GS:11s for around $400 on ebay right now, brand new, since it's the end of the season. Goto a shop, you'd be paying full price.

Ebay rocks :rock

I skied both models of 4frnts and I didn't like them much. I was skiing with the 4frnt binding also, so I don't know how much of a difference that made. They just felt like I was skiing with tanks on each of my feet, but I'm not the strongest guy in the world. The bindings might have been the heavy part too, I don't know.

I've got to hand it to them on rails though. I got onto a couple differen't rails super-sloppy (because I couldn't control the dumb things right :P) and they just locked right in, even at times when I thought I was done.