4frnt skis?

LineSki

Yeah they are great skis. I demoed a bunch of skis before I bought them. I didn't think I'd like them, I mean they are made by Dynastar and I hadn't heard much about them. After I rode them though, I ended up bying a pair.

The '04 model is way more reflective than the '05 model. Thats actually their only difference.

Edited by lurker

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lurker what size msps were you on? cause its a wide ski and takes a little getting used to before you really realize how amazing of a ski it is. they dont like short turns, but they hold an edge and rip when you get going pretty fast. tons of pop and super stable on jumps too. its kinda a big ski to be hitting rails with, but its not terrible. i have like 3 cracks in my edges, but i hit a ton of rails. no other problems with em at all, its an awesome ski to have if we get a dump of fresh snow too. and they have 2 new models next year, the VCT (vinnie dorion pro, real wide powder twin) and the supermodel (beefed up version of the MSP, triax glass instead of biax i believe, but only offered in a 180 and 187)

ps. they changed the topsheet on the TMs so they dont pressure crack as easily any more, and for next year, new graphics and stronger, thicker edges and bases

Edited by Justo8484

can TM's handle bumps, or 4FRNTs? TMs are awesome in the bumps, i would imagine STLs are as well. my 4FRNTs are not the greatest seeing as the waist is 92mm, but if you can ski bumps decently, its manageable, you just have to power them through a little more.

can TM's handle bumps, or 4FRNTs? TMs are awesome in the bumps, i would imagine STLs are as well. my 4FRNTs are not the greatest seeing as the waist is 92mm, but if you can ski bumps decently, its manageable, you just have to power them through a little more.

:o 92mm? Jeez, how do you ski in PA? My Atomic's have a 62mm waist. I skiied on Gurp's Fujatives, which have a 80mm waist, and that was just excessive for around here. I assume a wider waist = more stability when landing?

correct atomic. going from my 1080s, which have an 80 waist, to the 4FRNTs made a huge difference. they are so much more stable going faster aslo, but thats more due to the length and stiffness. the fujatives are an 84 waist though, so an 80 waist isnt as bad as you think. i couldnt imagine skiing a ski with a 60 something waist in the park.

Wow, it looks like dynastar is expanding their freestyle line next year. They've got the Big Troubles, look more fat powder style, and the "Nothin' but Trouble" which look probably like Public Enemies are to Fujatives. Pretty Cool.

I rode on some 160 somethings MSPS. I could probably have gotten use to them, but I never really thought they were my style. I don't like to work to have to control my skis, even if I do get a little stablity as a bonus. I can definently see how some people would like them more, but it comes down to personal preference.

Yeah thats what I meant, just like the Fujatives are a flexy cheaper Public Enemy, but I didn't state it very well. Haha.

I'm not sure why I had a problem, they just felt huge and heavy on my feet. They are really solid thick skis, so maybe that was it. I have always skiied thinner skis, and they become a lot wider than the TMs for instance, if I remember right.

:yes I see skis in shops, especially nestors, that are like $700 for a pair of volkl 5stars.  I think to myself..."HAHA!  I paid $425 shipped for my Atomic GS:9's w/ bindings, and they're a better ski" Never pay shop prices.  Ski999 got a pair of GS:11s, BRAND NEW for like $195 right?  You'd pay $800 in a shop for them.  You can pick up this years GS:11s for around $400 on ebay right now, brand new, since it's the end of the season.  Goto a shop, you'd be paying full price.

Ebay rocks  :rock

I got my Line Gettoblasters off ebay for $60 and store prize was $400.EBAY ROCKS :rock

COC will be the best time of your life. If you aren't assigned to Sterbenz, you can always still get coached by him because everything is really freeformed there. If you don't want to hang with your coach and want to go take a couple runs, or hook up with another coach instead, you can anytime you want.

:yes I see skis in shops, especially nestors, that are like $700 for a pair of volkl 5stars.  I think to myself..."HAHA!  I paid $425 shipped for my Atomic GS:9's w/ bindings, and they're a better ski" Never pay shop prices.  Ski999 got a pair of GS:11s, BRAND NEW for like $195 right?  You'd pay $800 in a shop for them.  You can pick up this years GS:11s for around $400 on ebay right now, brand new, since it's the end of the season.  Goto a shop, you'd be paying full price.

Ebay rocks  :rock

Complain a whole bunch and they will cave and toss you a pair at the end of the season. :wiggle