Winter Storm Watch

Melissa

A lot of people on here actually follow weather models. I just look up my weather on weather.com. But there is the potential for a big storm this weekend, so I thought that I would make a thread to discuss what everyone thinks will happen for this storm specifically.

My friends in Virginia/DC are gearing up for lots of snow. I was reading that the issue is whether this storm will track east of the I-95 corridor, in which case PA gets less snow, or up and through PA, in which case we could get a lot. Any input?

Trying to rally the crew for a quick hitter to snowshoe where 2ft+ is on the way.

Problem is we are all broke and supposed to be at a family Christmas party tonight.....I guess Grandma can't stay mad at us forever.

If this storm came a day later I'd be down for a rally to snowshoe. Have to work tonight and tomorrow night.

How many people do you think will venture out in it though? 4 to 8 inches is pretty much to turn most people away from traveling. WFMZ says no less than 6 inches, so for the location I would say 6 to 8 inches maybe a little more in certain areas. I think only the diehard skiers and snowboarders will be on the mt to shred the powder. But who knows considering valley is open tomorrow so it might bring out a bit more people than normal. I'm working board check so i'll be up till 4pm and I am going straight home, don't really want to get stuck out in it.

However Sunday i'll be up for an early morning shredfest. I hope they don't groom Sunday morning. Just leave the powder like it ended up. nice and fluffy.

i mean 3pm not 4pm.

Edited by Nidecker25

It's been upgraded from a watch to a warning.

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM SATURDAY TO

6 AM EST SUNDAY.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE AREA FROM SOUTH TO NORTH

SATURDAY MORNING. THE SNOW WILL FALL MODERATE TO HEAVY AT TIMES

SATURDAY AND SATURDAY EVENING BEFORE TAPERING OFF EARLY SUNDAY

MORNING. A STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 4 TO 8 INCHES IS EXPECTED BY

THE TIME THIS STORM ENDS. A CHANGE IN THE TRACK OF THE STORM HOWEVER

WILL ALTER THE SNOWFALL AMOUNTS.

THE SNOW COMBINED WITH NORTHERLY WINDS OF 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS

TO AROUND 25 MPH WILL PRODUCE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

THE ACCUMULATING SNOW, WINDS AND COLD TEMPERATURES WILL CAUSE

DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT WITH

REDUCED VISIBILITIES.

Sunday should be a homerun.

You can say that again!:wiggle

My close and Facebook friend, Cecily Tynan, is predicting 12-18" for Philly, and 6-12 for the Lehigh Valley. May have to bring the powder board on Sunday. Moe, if you're bored tomorrow, I'll be at Cadence, and we'll have beer. Stop on in.

Sounds like a winner. I'm thinking Blew Sunday and/or Monday. What say you, Angry One, we could go up TTC6 style, ergo, carpool?

Comin down in Philly, lite coat on the grass and driveway.

• Like 1

Sounds like a winner. I'm thinking Blew Sunday and/or Monday. What say you, Angry One, we could go up TTC6 style, ergo, carpool?

Comin down in Philly, lite coat on the grass and driveway.

I'm in for both days. I have to leave be back here by like noon tomorrow, so I'll probably have to pass on the carpool.

I'm in for both days. I have to leave be back here by like noon tomorrow, so I'll probably have to pass on the carpool.

I'll be the douchebag standing in front of you at the lift line. Jeff and GSS will be 4 behind you. Absent crazy winds, or some F/U by blew, tomorrow will be one of those rare days in the Pokeys.

Groovy. I might cancel DirectTV service call Monday for additional gnar shredding. TV is overrated.........May hit Forbidden Drive on the XC set up tonite with a friend and a flask.

hey moe, you think any of the bike trails will be skiable? what else aside from wissahickon ski club would be a good spot for me to hit up after work monday night?