Winter Storm Watch

Melissa

hey moe, you think any of the bike trails will be skiable? what else aside from wissahickon ski club would be a good spot for me to hit up after work monday night?

The trails along the hills might be a little bony unless the snow can get through the trees, I'll prolly check it out later today, only got about 2" down right now. If your talking about alpine skiing, good look, XC may be more doable. Wissahickon is private property and posted, FYI. At least that's the official line and if you go there and members are there, not sure if they'll let you ski or not. If you wanna poach on my little hill to skiers right of the lodge, be my guest.

WMOE Weather station reporting from Mt. Moeghoul

8:42 AM 22 degrees, no wind, 1st inch has fallen, Butch the weather vane is ready for anything. Precipitation is steady, a finer/drier snow is falling, prolly falling at about 1/2 inch clip/hr.

Reporting at 12:28PM we officially have 3" on the ground. Slight gust from the SE earlier, that died off, and snowfall rate is steady and increasing.

No snow yet here in the A...depoint way to low but snowing in Pottstown, Reading and Lansdale...only a matter of time before the flakes start flying..

Keep posting up for the Blue area, PASR's, us flatlanders want to know what's going on thru the nite. Hope you guys get some of this, its a big waste around here.

Thunder snow reported by Fox Philadelphia in Mullica Hill, and Mantua NJ!!!!!!!

I dunno what to do, should I drive up to the Camel tonight before they close uugghh still less than an inch down but picking up. Should I wait for morning? AHHHH!! TILTing!

Blue's webcam is looking good.

i left the mtn at about 830 and there was about 5 inches on my car. the sides of lazy and main street were pretty fun. tomorrow morning should be a lot of fun. i wish there was an anything goes policy as far as trail boundaries like frost. i bet some of the MTB trails would be ride-able tomorrow.

i left the mtn at about 830 and there was about 5 inches on my car. the sides of lazy and main street were pretty fun. tomorrow morning should be a lot of fun. i wish there was an anything goes policy as far as trail boundaries like frost. i bet some of the MTB trails would be ride-able tomorrow.

hit them anyway....lol

10"+ inches here in Dirty Jersey, just took a ~10 mile drive to drop my girlfriend off at home and lots of it was unplowed. Seriously enjoyed my Subaru, had no issues even in the parts that were deeper than my ground clearance.

It's really dry snow, it will not pack at all.

I'm not riding tomorrow, but I am Monday. I was thinking do Camelback now and JFBB during Christmas week because it has fewer crowds, but the trees at JF are probably going to be the best spot in PA tomorrow. With this wind, I doubt much snow will stay on top of the trails they made snow on because it is higher than the surrounding area. It is whipping right now.

I'm thinking of getting some turns in at the local golf course tomorrow AM, 15"+ by the morning I'm sure and the sledders won't be out for a while. It has about as much vert as Freedom Park but steeper (isn't everything?). We'll see if I can get the crew together.